Locum Covid-19 Vaccination Nurse
- Post Date:September 28, 2021
- Views 292
- Career Level NurseQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Location: Mutare, Buhera, Chimanimani, Chipinge, Makoni, Mutasa and Nyanga
About FHI 360
FHI 360 is a non-profit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research, and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI360’s Mhuri / Imuli Project is a 5-year USAID-funded project whose goal is to improve maternal, youth and child health and survival in beneficiary communities and populations in Zimbabwe. Mhuri/Imuli Project will implement COVID-19 response activities with emergency funding availed to USAID Zimbabwe through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 (ARPA), as part of the United States COVID-19 Global Response and Recovery Framework. Mhuri / Imuli project will implement these activities in all 7 districts of Manicaland Province for 12 months. The project will support the Manicaland MOHCC Province in accelerating COVID-19 vaccination efforts towards attaining herd immunity through the provision of additional Human Resources for Health (HRH) to MOHCC sites to speed up COVID-19 vaccine administration as well as support community contact tracing, reporting and adherence to isolation and quarantine guidelines.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Nurse is a registered nurse who will work in the Ministry of Health and Child Care health facilities to provide COVID-19 vaccination services. The COVID-19 Vaccination nurse will be assigned to work at a heath facility under the guidance of the designated Ministry of Health and Child Care technical supervisor at health facility level. They may also be requested to work in mobile outreach vaccination campaigns.
Duties and responsibilities
- Adheres to all health and safety procedures that protect safety of staff and all clients and actively participates in maintaining a safe working environment;
- Perform other duties as assigned. Clinical Responsibilities
- Works under the direction of the facility Nurse-in-Charge to provide the following services
- Determine clinical suitability for COVID-19 vaccination, including identifying any contraindications.
- Assess the client’s readiness for vaccination.
- Address any concerns, conduct clinical assessment, and obtain consent for vaccination.
- Check vaccine before administration and report any concerns to the Nurse-in-charge and cross-check that vaccine batch numbers are recorded under the correct client.
- Administration of the vaccine to consented and assessed individuals.
- Disposal of Waste as per Waste Management Policy.
- Be alert to and provide appropriate emergency management of Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFIs).
- Maintain COVID-19 Infection Prevention and Control Protocol.
- Management of Vaccine and Cold Chain Equipment;
- Ensure that vaccines are stored under specified temperatures.
- Assist with monitoring and recording of refrigerator temperatures.
- Ensure cold chain equipment e.g., cold boxes are in good working order before setting up a vaccination station.
- Estimate daily vaccine requirements before removing vaccines required from the main storage EPI fridge.
- Mobilisation for Vaccination;
- Work with facility Nurse-in-Charge, facility nurses, and Community Health Workers to mobilise clients within the facility and community for COVID-19 vaccination.
- Recording and Reporting;
- Document vaccination details in client’s records.
- Use an electronic and paper-based patient recording system.
- Submit accurate and timely activity data as required.
- Record, monitor and report Adverse Events Following Immunisation (AEFIs).
- Submit weekly and monthly activity reports.
- They may also be requested to work in mobile outreach vaccination campaigns.
Qualifications and experience
- Diploma/Degree or relevant Nursing qualification, RGN or PCN.
- Registration with Nurses Council of Zimbabwe.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience.
- Experience in offering vaccination or outreach services, and experience providing COVID-19 vaccination are added advantages.
Send your CV and cover letter to [email protected] including your preferred area in the subject line or drop hard copies at the nearest FHI360 Offices including your preferred area in the subject line. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis and interviews will begin as soon as sufficient CVs are received even before the deadline.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Please note that FHI 360 does not charge applicants any fee for their applications to be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 1 October 2021
Related Jobs (12)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Strategic Information and Evaluation Manager – Key Populations Programme on October 13, 2021 Contract