Location Programme Manager
- Post Date:May 10, 2022
- Views 600
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Job Ref: SOS/28/4/22
Supervisor: National Programs Director
Supervisee: Location staff
Established in 1949, SOS Children’s Villages International (CVI) is a dynamic, international social development organization working globally to meet the needs and protect the interests and rights of children without parental care and those who are at the risk of losing it.
SOS Children’s Villages Association of Zimbabwe is a member of SOS International – a worldwide children’s social welfare organization, providing vulnerable children without homes with a family home and educational opportunities as well as strengthening families to reduce poverty.
Mission of the position
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe has established Community Outreach Programmes around the country. The Programme aims to assist and support children in difficult circumstances; in particular, families headed by a child, a grandparent or by a single parent. The Association is looking for an energetic and organized individual to support the National Association in providing leadership for the overall development and implementation of the SOS Children’s Village Programmes for the Location in accordance with the vision, mission, strategy, policies and standards of SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe.
Key performance areas and main responsibilities
- Leads the overall development and implementation of the location’s SOS Children’s Villages Programme (CVP) in line with the vision, mission, strategies, policies, and standards of the organization;
- Coordinates the Children’s Village Programme activities and interventions;
- Ensures that CVP interventions are relevant to the local context, respond to the needs of the target group, and contribute to the development of sustainable social support systems;
- Represents the organization in all interactions with stakeholders in the programme location;
- Leads and coordinates cooperation, partnership building, and networking efforts of the CVP with local and national authorities and other external stakeholders;
- Leads results based – monitoring and evaluation or programme at the location;
- Assesses effectiveness of project activities, outputs and outcomes against agreed targets;
- Ensures quality and effectiveness of services and their cost-efficiency through quality assurance and optimal use of resources;
- Leads and supervises co-workers and ensures they are given the necessary support to perform their respective roles and responsibilities;
- Facilitates cooperation and information flow between National Office staff and their counterparts in the location
- ; Participates in the recruitment, orientation, performance management and capacity building of co-workers at the location;
- Participates in national planning, budgeting and review meetings;
- Leads efforts towards self-financing by mobilizing government subsidies and public funds;
- Ensures accountability in the programme by implementing effective financial and administrative procedures in accordance with defined policies, guidelines and standards;
- Ensure that his / her programme location achieve all the required strategic and operational deliverables in line with organizational direction;
- Submits periodic progress reports on location CVP activities to NPD and relevant National Office functions.
- Demonstrable track record of success with program design, performance management, learning systems and monitoring & evaluation;
- Ability to thrive in a fast-moving, changing environment, with an emphasis on high-performance, teamwork, accountability and results;
- Able to work within a customer service framework;
- Refined and well-organized multi-tasking skills;
- Experience in prioritizing and sequencing both programmatic and operational activities;
- Ability to build relationships with partners and stakeholders;
- Highly facilitative and collaborative leadership style;
- Excellent adaptive problem-solver in challenging environment;
- Excellent analytical and Report Writing skills;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and adaptability / flexibility capabilities;
- Project planning and management skills;
- Strong Leadership and People Management skills;
- Team Player.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Management / Administration, Development Studies, Commerce or related field;
- MA / MSc degree in Sociology, management, Public Administration and other relevant social science streams will be added advantage;
- Seven years relevant experience in field in progressive management experience leading and implementing community development Support programmes;
- Holder of clean Class Four Drivers License; Strong expertise and skills in relationship building, including creating and sustaining high performing teams;
- Demonstrated understanding of capacity development concepts and innovative approaches to developing capacity within SOSCVZ support programmes.
If you believe you are the right candidate for any of the above position, please send your detailed curriculum vitae (CV), and photocopies of certified academic certificates. Applications should be submitted electronically indicating the position you are applying for in the subject line and sent to the address given. All applications should be submitted not later than 13 May 2022. Please note the applications will be reviewed as they come in.
Applications that are late do not have a CV or certified certificates attached will be disqualified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. E-mail applications should bear the reference number of the position in the subject line of the email. E-mail Applications including at least three traceable referees should be sent electronically to: [email protected]
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe holds strict child safeguarding principles and a zero-tolerance policy for conducts of sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse in the workplace and other places where the organization’s activities are rendered. Parallel to technical competence, recruitment, selection and hiring decisions will give due emphasize to assessing candidates value congruence and thorough background checks, police clearance reference check processes.
SOS Children’s Villages Zimbabwe is an equal opportunities employer and encourages all eligible applicants to apply without any consideration to sex, cultural consideration, disability or creed. Every child belongs to a family and grows with love, respect and security