Local Systems and Sustainability Advisor
- Post Date:April 7, 2021
- Views 407
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE International in Zimbabwe is recruiting for livelihoods, food aid and resilience project targeting Buhera and Mutare Districts (Manicaland Province) and Chivi and Zaka Districts (Masvingo Province). Takunda, which means “we have overcome” in Shona, is a 5 year USAID Bureau of Humanitarian Assistance program led by CARE in a consortium. Its aim is to increase on-farm and off-farm incomes, improve nutrition, and work with women, men, girls and boys to build resilience to shocks and stressors. The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces.
The Advisor will be responsible for guiding the program in the development of key relations and procedures with local communities, NGOs, Government and Private Sector. S/he will oversee the implementation of a robust sustainability strategy to achieve sustained impact during and post program implementation.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide capacity building, mentorship and guidance for Takunda staff in identifying opportunities for strengthening local public and private systems to enhance program impact
- Lead the Takunda governance approaches and engagement procedures including but not limited to Community Score Cards, lobbying for services
- Engage with diverse actors in private and public sector to identify entry points and opportunities for engagement.
- Design and negotiate appropriate partnerships to foster program impact.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of a program-wide sustainability framework in line with USAID’s Resources, Capacities, Linkages and Motivations approach.
- Troubleshoot and provide remedial actions to ensure improvements in development of sustainability approaches in the program.
- Master’s degree in Development Studies, Public Health or other relevant fields
- A minimum five years’ experience in systems strengthening and human capacity development.
- Knowledge of Local language/dialects spoken in Manicaland/Masvingo
- Demonstrated work in strengthening local systems experience, and knowledge and experience working with local partners, particularly in the private sector, government, academia, civil society or faith-based organizations.
- Solid understanding of the local context, stakeholders and systems in Manicaland, Masvingo or similar locations in Zimbabwe
- Strategic thinker with multiple options for each challenge and ability to present complex issues with clarity to divers audiences
- Ability to absorb and synthesize a broad range of information, including financial, regulatory, clinical, demographic, marketing and scientific information.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, with demonstrated ability to operate independently, self-motivate, be flexible, and set and achieve ambitious targets.
CARE is an equal opportunity employer promoting gender, equity and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. Our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children and safeguarding employees and communities from Sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse. CARE does not, and will never solicit money for any part of its recruitment processes including short-listing, interviews, background, and/or medical check-ups. We will not be responsible for such fraudulent correspondence or any loss of money or theft which may result from anyone engaging in any fraudulent recruitment activity
Deadline: 13 April 2021