Local Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist
- Post Date:August 10, 2021
- Views 565
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Job ID: 2021-1357
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: ZW-Harare
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with more than 35 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy-making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include Economic and Data analysis; Monitoring and Evaluation; Education, Gender and Youth; and Public Financial Management.
The U.S. Department of State (DOS), Bureau of Economic and Business Affairs, Office of Monetary Affairs’ (STATE/EB/OMA) has issued a proposal to conduct a performance evaluation to inform the development of mechanisms that will support STATE/EB/OMA’s Fiscal Transparency Innovation Fund (FTIF) program.
Since 2012 the State Department and USAID have provided foreign assistance funding through FTIF to help governments improve budget transparency and support civil society organizations promoting fiscal transparency. DOS is now seeking information to improve its processes for selecting, monitoring, and measuring technical assistance efforts that are designed and implemented, primarily by U.S. diplomatic missions abroad, to build public and institutional support for strong fiscal transparency regimes and reinforce USG foreign assistance policy priorities.
- Support the project team in locating documentary evidence including legislation, regulations, and changed procedures that are intended to make Zimbabwe’s fiscal system more transparent and information more available.
- Schedule and arrange research interviews, focus groups, and other data collection and administrative tasks, as required in Zimbabwe’s.
- Maintain excellent records of each meeting and write up or transcribe notes,
- Support the Evaluation Team’s travel to Zimbabwe including local transportation, airport pickup, and coordination with USAID, US Embassy, remaining FTIF project staff, and all counterparts and beneficiaries.
Scope of Work
The local consultant will work closely with DevTech’s international experts to gather information, organize meetings, key informant interviews and focus group discussions, maintain meeting notes or recordings, and help coordinate team events in Ecuador/The Gambia/Zimbabwe.
- Bachelor’s degree is required and a master’s degree in a field related to economics or public finance is highly desirable.
- Five years of experience working in areas related to public financial management, government finance, or related areas.
- Ability to get access to official and CSO counterparts.
- Experience participating in project evaluations or assessments, particularly in public financial management.
- Experience participating or leading Focus Group Discussions.
- Excellent ability to communicate in English and Shona.
This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.
Related Jobs (54)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Associate Director, Finance and Operations (Mutare) on September 23, 2021
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract