Local Consultant, DOS/FTIF
- Post Date:February 24, 2022
- Views 404
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Job ID: 2022-1514
# of Openings: 1
Job Locations: ZW-Harare
Department: Monitoring and Evaluation
DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data-driven evidence-based organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech’s core practice areas include Data Services; Public Financial Management, Knowledge Management and Data Analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education, and Gender and Youth.
DevTech Systems, a Washington, DC based consulting firm, is hiring local consultants as part of a project with the U.S. State Department to conduct a program evaluation on various fiscal transparency activities supported by the DoS Fiscal Transparency Innovation Fund (FTIF). Since 2012, Department of State (DoS) has provided funding assistance to developing countries via the Fiscal Transparency and Innovation Fund (FTIF) to improve fiscal transparency and support civil society organizations in holding their respective governments accountable for their spending. To date, the FTIF has made awards worth approximately $40 million for projects in roughly 65 countries aimed at enhancing budget transparency, advancing countries’ public financial management, or improving the transparency of licensing and contracting in natural resource extraction. The DoS, in addition to issuing the annual Fiscal Transparency Report, has undertaken evaluations of the FTIF funded projects to assess their efficacy and impact. To date, the performance, and achievements of FTIF programs have been evaluated in six countries—Dominican Republic, Honduras, Guatemala, El Salvador, Malawi, and Madagascar. This current assignment is to evaluate projects in Ecuador, the Gambia and Zimbabwe.
- Conducting/organizing/supporting local interviews
- Transcribing semi structured fact finding interviews
- Following up after interviews to collect information for additional contacts
- Translation/interpretation, where needed
- Assist in making contacts with local implementers or experts
- Providing guidance and advice to members of the DevTech evaluation team working remotely
- Maintaining and cleaning qualitative data and interview transcripts to facilitate data collection
- Local consultants will assist in making contacts with key informants, conducting semi-structured interviews, and in analyzing collected data as part of this program evaluation.
- This individual(s) should have at least five years’ experience working on economic development/public sector administration programs and a strong understanding of public financial management and (ideally) fiscal transparency programming, especially in Zimbabwe.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required and a master’s degree in a field related to economics or public finance is highly desirable.
- Evaluation expertise and experience is desirable.
- Direct experience and knowledge of donor assistance in related areas is highly desirable.
- Local consultants must also be fluent in English.
- Proficiency in the main languages of Zimbabwe, such as Shona and Ndebele, is also highly desirable.
NOTE: This job posting should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or other status protected by applicable law.