- Post Date:April 26, 2022
- Views 463
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Job Requisition ID: R4964
With over 70 years of experience, our focus is on helping the most vulnerable children overcome poverty and experience fullness of life. We help children of all backgrounds, even in the most dangerous places, inspired by our Christian faith.
Come join our 34,000+ staff working in nearly 100 countries and share the joy of transforming vulnerable children’s life stories!
Employee Contract Type: Local – Fixed Term Employee (Fixed Term)
Title: Livelihoods Officer
Reports to: Resilience and Livelihoods Technical Advisor
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for the management of District agricultural recovery/livelihoods activities and coordinating all technical operations.
- Prepare monthly district budgets and expenditure analysis
- Planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting and making recommendations on programme activities at district level. Projects implemented within budget scope and time
- Allocate duties supervise staff and prepare labour distribution reports.
- Coordinate the selection of appropriate target populations to be recipients of agricultural/livelihoods inputs in the District. Good staff management Vulnerable populations supported
- Plan, implement and monitor as per project design approved activities.
- Design appropriate training materials for use in local community development work and informal education activities Fidelity of implementation achieved Capacity building done for communities
- Train field staff and farmers on sustainable agricultural practices relevant to the increased production of food for the target communities.
- Coordinate with partners and stakeholders and project coordinator in the design of appropriate strategies for target population. Food and income secure communities Good working relationships between partners
- Collect and analyse agricultural/livelihoods data and inform the project coordinator situation on food security in the district.
- Produce regular, situational timely progress reports regarding projects in the district. Participate in planning sessions and in the development of long term programme strategies.
- Focal person on all agriculture recovery / livelihoods programme activities at district level. Appropriate and timely decisions made Context analysis informing decision making
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- A degree in Agriculture, preferably Agronomy, Crop Production or any related field from a recognised university
- Good working knowledge of government and community structures.
- Demonstrate ability in the design and effective use of training materials.
- Knowledge of how to prepare financial budgets.
- Knowledge of local agriculture laws as these relate to plant and animal movement. Required Education, training, license, registration, and certification
- Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications In-depth working knowledge of cropping /livestock programme design.
- Good working knowledge of government and community structure
Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
NB: Shortlisting will be done as the applications come. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicant Types Accepted: Local Applicants Only
Related Jobs (17)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022