Livelihoods and Food Security Expert
- Post Date:February 23, 2021
- Views 381
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The Zimbabwe Livelihoods and Food Security Programme (LFSP), a Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) funded programme being implemented by the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in partnership with the Indaba Agricultural Policy Research Institute (IAPRI), a policy think tank based in Zambia for policy research and outreach component, seeks a Livelihoods and Food Security Expert to work with the Food and Nutrition Council (FNC) and LFSP/IAPRI in the development of a Digital Food and Nutrition Security Dashboard (DFNSD) that will help improve access to food and nutrition security information in the country. The scope of this assignment is to provide technical support and expertise for the establishment of the DFNSD, livelihoods and food and nutrition security analysis, as well as facilitating a pilot test of the dashboard.
To be considered, the consultant should have:
- A minimum of a Master’s degree in a field relevant to this assignment such as Food Security, Agricultural Economics, Development Economics or related field. A PhD in one of these fields is an added advantage;
- At least 6 years of experience in the field of livelihoods and food and nutrition security analysis, agricultural policy analysis and research or closely related areas;
- Detailed knowledge of and proven expertise in livelihoods and food and nutrition security, use of digital innovations to track the food and nutrition security situation, policy analysis, and conducting similar assessments;
- Skills in data analysis and knowledge of mobile data collection platforms including Kobo, ODK and able to use GIS software.
In collaboration with the FNC/IAPRI team and Systems Developer:
- Lead the design and development of the dashboard taking into account stakeholders’ input and list of key indicators;
- Produce an operational manual for the DFNSD;
- Produce a comprehensive framework for data collection and analysis for the DFNSD.
- Assignment is expected to be completed by March 31st 2021.
- Contract terms will be discussed with the successful candidate.
To apply, please send your application to [email protected]
Your application should include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae clearly demonstrating your experience undertaking a similar assignment and verifiable references;
- A short technical proposal on how you propose to undertake the assignment (5 pages max) and proposed implementation plan.
The subject line for the email submission should read “LFSP Livelihoods and Food Security Expert – Last name, First name”. Documents requested should be in pdf format and in one zipped folder. They should be clearly labelled as follows: “CV – Last name, First name; Technical proposal – Last name, First name.”
Deadline: 1 March 2021
Related Jobs (7)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time