- Post Date:February 11, 2021
- Views 269
- Qualification DegreeExperience 5-10 YearsIndustry Non Governmental
Duty station: Gweru
Welthungerhilfe is one of the largest German non-governmental Organisations in development co- operation and emergency relief. Primarily in cooperation with local partner Organisations, our task is to contribute to the improvement in nutritional and income base for the low-income populations in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Welthungerhilfe has been implementing projects in Zimbabwe since 1980. Sector focus is on WASH, Food and Nutrition Security, Livelihoods and when necessary, Emergency response.
To lead on innovative programming focusing on evidence-based solutions that have lasting impact and resilience building as a priority which involves using a systems-based approach that builds on proven solutions, accesses new ideas and information, and integrates multiple sectors and partnerships to strengthen food security and livelihoods, economic development and climate change adaptation. provide technical oversight and leadership on resilience as a guiding principle and approach to reach the program’s overall goal.
- Supports the project start-up processes during the program Refinement Phase, including contributing to research, assessment, analysis and design activities;
- Lead project programming related to increasing livelihood opportunities and priorities as defined by organic community engagement initiatives;
- Identify and collaborate with various stakeholders to support inclusive business initiatives between urban and rural communities; improve food security through increased food access and sustainable watershed management;
- Implementing the technical vision for resilience in the project, working closely with key stakeholders to translate the project’s resilience logic into work plans to ensure quality implementation of key activities; Provides technical input for resilience integration across the implementation of the program’s three main pillars and cross-cutting themes;
- Support regular reflection to assess strengths and weaknesses of resilience application in programming and develop detailed reports to adapt project approaches to the local context;
- Work closely with the Meal Coordinator to develop and facilitate resilience-informed adaptive management processes at a district level, to reflect on resilience monitoring results, take stock of successes and failures, and make project adjustments as necessary;
- Identify opportunities for ensuring the program can demonstrate evidence and deliver compelling messages on what works best for resilience in the target domain;
- Support the development of high-quality learning products, program briefs and thought pieces articulating and sharing evidence of success for building resilience;
- Package resilience content and information for key internal and external audiences;
- Facilitate capture and packaging of resilience stories.
Qualifications and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics and Development or related field;
- Minimum 5 years demonstrated experience working on projects promoting livelihoods interventions through skills training, alternative / additional income generation, micro-savings and micro-lending, and agricultural value-chain development;
- Demonstrated track record of achieving results in sustainably increasing economic growth and conserving biodiversity;
- Experience establishing and strengthening microfinance savings and lending groups to empower women and youth to gain numeracy, financial and literacy skills, manage their own finances, and start and manage their own sustainable micro-enterprises;
- Experience designing and delivering training to develop agricultural value chains;
- Experience linking relevant training to market actors and workforce development opportunities that promote sustainable livelihoods, Community-Based Natural Resource Management (CBNRM).
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and their CVs to [email protected] Please state the position applied for in the subject line of the email.
Due to overwhelming responses to adverts, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.
During the application process, WHH will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. WHH is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status and or physical handicap. Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 19 February 2021
Related Jobs (8)
Agricultural Technologies and Engineering Supervisor on June 14, 2021 Full Time