Legal Projects Associate
- Post Date:April 6, 2022
- Views 628
- Career Level JuniorQualification DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
A human rights organization is seeking the services of a highly motivated Legal Projects Associate to join a small team of high impact researchers and lawyers for its Harare office. The ideal candidate for the position must be a lawyer who understands the Zimbabwean context and is eager to make an impact in human rights promotion and protection. The Legal Projects Associate must be someone who understands human rights promotion and protection both locally, regionally and internationally. S/he must believe in all human rights for all people, in justice and accountability for all, and must be willing to go an extra mile to ensure that the goals of the organization are achieved.
Overall job purpose
Under the supervision of the Team Leader: Public Interest Litigation Programme, the Legal Projects Associate will assist the specialists in knowledge production and management for the Programme as well as advancing the civic and human rights education portfolio.
Duties and responsibilities
The Legal Projects Associate will assist the Specialists in the following key duties and responsibilities:
- Human rights litigation;
- Policy reform campaigns, including development of model laws and policies, policy briefs and analysis on topical human rights issues;
- Preparation of education, awareness as well as advocacy materials;
- Liaising with members on human rights protection, education and promotion activities;
- Social media promotional campaigns; Mobilizing civil society and communities around human rights programmes including training, capacity building and civic education;
- Organizing training of members and other stakeholders on human rights promotional activities;
- Preparing periodic reports on human rights promotion issues;
- Offering protection services to victims of human rights violations;
- Preparation and filing of pleadings;
- Documenting the processes in the Programme and producing informative and analytical reports of the work of the PIU Programme;
- Ensuring proper filing of all pleadings and updating of the electronic filing system;
- Any other duties as may be allocated from time to time.
Qualifications, skills and experience
- A Bachelor of Laws degrees from a recognized university;
- Registration as a legal practitioner is a must;
- At least two year’s post registration experience;
- Previous experience in a similar environment desirable;
- Good knowledge of constitutional law and human rights;
- Excellent researcher;
- A team player who respects diversity, flexibility, adaptability and has strong communication skills.
Interested candidates must email their applications and CVs to: [email protected]
Deadline: 8 April 2022