- Post Date:October 14, 2021
- Views 251
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the position of Legal Officer that has arisen within our organization.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct research, draft legal documents, interpret laws, rules and regulations, prepare legal opinions and briefs for management;
- Assist in the implementation of the policy and legal functions and activities in accordance with the Organization’s Protocols and other legal and policy texts;
- Lead in the identification of legal risks and provide recommendations in line with strategic objectives and regulatory standards of the organisation.
- Manage legal correspondences received from external parties.
- Assist in the review, for substantive accuracy and consistency of legal documents, position papers, speaking points, policy research and protocols;
- Champion the identification of new/revised statutes, guidelines and regulations impacting the organisation and provide timeous legal opinions for compliance by the organisation.
- Litigation management through review of cases and tracking progress on various litigation cases in liaison with external lawyers.
- Assist in the management of outsourced legal services, issuance of instructions and briefings to external legal services providers
- Perform any other duties and tasks as may be assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Law.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a similar or related environment
Applications with detailed CV’s, certified copies of academic and professional certificates clearly indicating position being applied for should be submitted to: [email protected] /the advertiser box.
Deadline: 16 October 2021