- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 629
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of Legal Manager. The incumbent will report to the Corporate Secretary and will be based at Head Office.
- Bachelor of Laws Degree.
- Member of Law Society.
- 3 years legal experience.
- Litigation experience is an added advantage.
- Good knowledge of Legal Corporate Governance and Strategic issues.
- Knowledge of Labour Laws.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic management skills
- Good legal written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity.
- Self-driven and business sense
- Ability to work under pressure
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provides sound legal advice to the organisation to achieve compliance with all legal requirements.
- Secures legal advice from external Lawyers as well as liaising with external lawyers on all court cases where necessary.
- Drafts pleadings on all civil suits.
- Contracts Management.
- Maintains a register of published Statutory Instruments relevant to operations of the organisation.
- Notifies Divisions/Departments about relevant new and amended legislation and its interpretation.
- Assists in review of effective internal controls to ensure compliance to Code of Conduct protocol and Corporate Governance.
- Promotes good Corporate Governance.
- Manage GMB’s litigation processes including arbitration
- Maintains judgments files and distributes to other Divisions/Departments where necessary.
- Ensures, organises and serves Board and Board Committees.
- Management of GMB’s real estate portfolio.
- Monitors performance of the GMB realtors.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Not later than 4 February 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.