- Post Date:January 11, 2022
- Views 280
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Banking
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of LEGAL MANAGER which has arisen within the People’s Own Savings Bank.
Reporting to the Company Secretory & Legal Adviser, the incumbent will be responsible for managing legal and contractual risks, providing legal guidance to management and ensure the proper discharge of business in compliance with the law and corporate
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Provides legal services as particularly outlined hereunder:
- Reviews legal & other transactions documents ensuring the company’s transactions comply with corporate laws and regulations and assisting and advising on contract negotiations.
- Provides legal advices on commercial arrangements to ensure professional standards are in place throughout the tenure & examining the legal issues related to new products and services.
- Provides advice on tender documents and processes ensuring completeness. consistency, and compliance.
- Stays. abreast of and communicates any changes in contractual requirements & participate in Law Reform initiatives at sector level.
- Assessing and managing key risks and liabilities in contracts and service level agreements and protecting the company against legal risks and violations.
- Ensures the completeness and accuracy of contracts and readiness for execution by the Bank & overseeing the management of date related to Contracts.
- Manages the Banks’ s litigation processes including arbitration,
- Conducts training and disseminates appropriate legal requirements to staff.
- Liaises with Corporate Attorneys concerning the Bank’s instructions and service delivery assessments,
- Assists the Company Secretary and Legal Advisor in serving Board Committees
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Law Degree
- Commercial qualification
- 7 years in a legal environment, 2 years within commercial sector, with exposure in the financial sector o distinct advantage
- Mature individual with good interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should email their CVs and applications to: [email protected] not later than 13 January 2022. Indicate the position being applied for in the email subject heading.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.