Legal & Compliance Officer
- Post Date:October 16, 2021
- Views 632
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Manufacturing
Reporting to the Head of Legal and Compliance, the Legal & Compliance Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Providing operational support to the Function in the execution of all its duties and responsibilities in the Business;
- Providing legal advisory support to the business through the Legal and Compliance function.
- Promoting the contractual legal interests of the Company, through performance of contract reviews.
- Co-ordinating and driving litigation matters for the business including debt collections and labour litigation disputes.
- Supporting liaison between the Company and external legal counsel in relation to all legal matters affecting the Company;
- Supporting the Legal Function internally in respect of labour and disciplinary matters;
- Managing and portfolio tracking and business reporting in respect of Debt Recovery, Intellectual Property and Immovable Asset portfolios;
- Acting as the Records Coordinator, in conjunction with the Records Manager, to ensure Records Management systems are adhered to and implemented across the Business Unit.
- Acting as a Compliance Officer of the business in support of the Compliance function.
- Execution of necessary actions in terms of regulatory, internal and external compliance including in respect to the Business Code of Conduct, conflicts of interest, bribery and corruption, Fair Competition, Third Party Due Dilligence and Sanction, and implementation of Integrity Line investigations;
- Handling communications concerning Legal in its interaction with other Functions of the Business and with third parties;
- Legal & Compliance Officer should have the following qualifications:
- Honours Law Degree.
- Registered Legal Practitioner.
- At least 3 years’ Commercial Legal experience in a corporate and regulatory environment
Legal & Compliance Officer needs also possess the following:
- Ability to prioritize work and execute tasks efficiently and accurately, with minimal supervision.
- Good time management and prioritization skills.
- Good documentation, communication and business reporting skills.
- Good team-player skills and proactive attitude.
- Highly organized and able to pay attention to detail.
Individuals who meet the basic requirements and are interested in this challenging career opportunity should send applications to [email protected] apply for the vacancies by no later than Friday 22 October 2021.
Related Jobs (5)
Group Corporate Secretary & Legal Services Director on December 2, 2021 Full Time