Legal & Compliance Manager
- Post Date:February 9, 2022
- Views 384
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced Zimbabwean citizens to fill the vacant position of LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER.
The position has the responsibility of enforcing compliance by Operators, ensuring that the Authority adheres to all relevant regulations and that it does not breach any set
regulations. The incumbent will be required to conduct compliance research and have full articulation of statutory regulations governing the Authority.
The position reports to the Head Legal Services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Keeps cases organised by establishing and organising files, monitoring calendars, meeting deadlines, documenting actions, inputting information, and reporting on case status
- Prepares and forwards summonses and subpoenas, drafts discovery affidavits, prepares responses to external Counsel, and generating case status reports.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct
- Ensures that compliance issues/concerns within the organisation are being appropriately evaluated, investigated, and resolved and documented.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk: develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Provides reports regularly, and as directed or requested to keep the Risk committee of the Board and Senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts
- Creates rapport with related regulatory entities on compliance matters contributing to the development of industry compliance requirements, thereby raising the profile of the Authority with Government and the public
- Ensures that periodic regulatory reporting is carried out by all relevant licensed entities in accordance with the regulations
- Anticipates changes in the regulatory environment
RELEVANT QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Law Honours Degree (LLBS)
- Registered legal practitioner
- 5-7 years’ relevant experience in a commercial entity
- A clean class four driver’s licence
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES, CHARACTERISTICS AND SKILLS
- Analytical Thinking
- Technical & Professional know how
- Budgeting & Cost Control
- Self-motivated and self-starter with excellent attitude
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organisational and time management
- Unquestionable integrity
REMUNERATION: An appropriate package will be negotiated with the successful candidate.
All interested applicants should submit applications containing a detailed Curriculum Vitae including the following information:
- Full Name (Surname first)
- Position applied for
- Copies of certified academic and/or professional certificates
- Any points the applicant feels may influence selection to his/her advantage.
All applications should be submitted to the Director General in an envelope clearly marked “APPLICATION FOR A VACANT POST – LEGAL AND COMPLIANCE MANAGER’ or Email: [email protected] not later than 11 February 2022.
The Director General,
1008 Performance Close,
Mt Pleasant Business Park,
P.O. Box MP 843