Legal And Compliance Manager
- Post Date:July 27, 2022
- Views 340
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Reference Number : Tel20227906
We are looking for enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed individuals to join our team for the position of Legal And Compliance Manager.
The incumbent will report to the Company Secretary & Legal Advisor and will be responsible for identifying local, regional and international legislation that impacts on the Organisation that also ensures compliance with and internal policies; corporate governance procedures within the Organisation.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Creates, Implements, Adm•Nisters And Enforces Policies, Procedures And Laws Required For The Organisat•On To Operate In Accordance With The Law And Regulations.
- Keeps Up To Date With, And Understands, Relevant Laws And Regulations, Monitors Compliance With Laws, Regulations And Internal Policies.
- Assesses Impact Of Legislative Changes To The Business, And Ensures Executive Management And Business Units Are Fully Informed. Compiles Compliance Or Obligation Registers For New Laws Or Regulatory Pronouncements That Impact On The Organisation.
- Interprets Legislation And Other Legal Or Regulatory Directives That Impacts On The Organizations’ Operations And Provide Written Advice Where Necessary.
Legal Risk Management
- Prepares Briefs For External Counsel And Manages Litigation Handed Over To Such Legal Counsel.
- Secures Company Intellectual And Proprietary Rights Through Registration Of All Trademarks And Patents.
- Advises On General Business / Commercial Law Issues And Managing Legal Issues Includ’ng Corporate Matters, Procurement, Health, Safety And Governance.
- Reports Back To Business Functions On Current Risk And Compliance Performance, Highlighting Or Escalating Areas Of Concern And Contribute To Robust And Effective Compliance Controls Within The Organisatlon.
- Reviews Marketing Materials, Presentations And Websites To Ensure Compliance With Regulatory Requirements. Assists The Company Secretary And Legal Advisor In The Provision Of Legal Advice In-House As Required.
- Contract And Other Legal Document Drafting
- Drafts And Negotiates Simple And Complex Including But Not Limited To Those Related To Telecoms Services And Equipment Suppliers, Regulators, Interconnection Parthers, Training Providers And Other Commercial Bodies. Drafts Standard Templates For Simpk Contracts Or Agreements.
- Implements Performance Management For The Department In Line With TelOne Corporate Goals.
- Cascades Performance Objectives To All Subordinates And Review Performance To Meet Key Business Objectives Of Revenue Generation, Revenue Collection, Profitability And Customer Satisfaction As And When Necessary.
- Implements All Aspects Of HR Functions Within The Department With Respect To Recruitment Needs, Training, Review, Personal Development, Performance Monitoring And Team Building.
- Takes Responsibility For Absence, Disciplinary And Grievance Policies For The Department.
- Undertakes All People Management Related Activities •N Accordance With The TelOne’s Standards.
Qualification And Experience:
- Bachelor Of Law (Hons) LLB Degree From A Reputable University.
- MBA / MBL Would Be An Added Advantage.
- A M’nimum Of 5 Years’ Proven Working Experience, 2 Years Of Which Should Have Been At Supervisory Level. Experience Of Compliance And Experience In The Telecommunications Sector, Would Be Added Advantages.
Competencies/ Essential Requirements
- Strong Legal Experience In Corporate And Commercial Matters
- Excellent Problem Solving, Analytical And Business Intelligence Skills
- Excellent Written And Verbal Communication Skills In The English Language Ability To Manage Multiple Projects Adhering To Logistics, Timescales And Deadlines Ability To Think Strategically And Translate Insights Into Action.
- Ability To Multi-Task And Manage Multiple Priorities.
If you wish to be considered for the above post, please email to: [email protected] not later than 29 July 2022.
Hard copy applications will NOT be accepted.
Please note that Canvassing will disqualify applicants and communication will be made to shortlisted candidates only.