Legal and Administration Officer
- Post Date:February 14, 2021
- Views 402
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
The position requires exceptional legal skills and experience, as well as superior interpersonal and leadership skills. The incumbent will be on a performance-based fixed – term contract and will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
The job holder is responsible for the provision of sound legal advice and ensuring a proactive legal service exists in the institution to protect the institution’s interests.
- Provides legal advice to management and staff on legal and corporate governance.
- Conducts research, interprets laws, rules and regulations, prepares legal opinion and briefs for management.
- Drafts legal documents such as contracts, leases, memoranda of understanding (MOUs) and related documentation to ensure that interests of the Board are adequately protected and safeguarded in litigation matters.
- Manages outsourced legal services and gives appropriate instructions and briefing to external legal services providers.
- Ensures compliance with all statutory regulations through the maintenance of a robust legal records management system.
- Assists the Company Secretary with submission of statutory returns to various regulatory bodies.
- Oversees operations of the legal function, sets goals and objectives, and designs a framework for these to be met.
- Assists Senior Management in the formulation of an overall strategic direction.
- Oversees the TRB’s records from their creation and preservation through to disposal.
- Assists in reviewing existing rules regulations related to the TRB’s operations and recommending appropriate amendments.
- Assists in editing and reviewing of documents submitted to management for evaluation.
- Develops and edits relevant communications and promotional materials, publicity on print and social media.
- Supports Heads and Staff through internal and external communication to reinforce the Board’s social responsibility strategies.
- Fosters community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND ATTRIBUTES
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB) Degree or Equivalent
- Must be a Registered Legal Practitioner in Zimbabwe
- MBA, MBL, CIS an added advantage
- 5 years working experience
- Excellent command of both written and spoken English, strong communication, writing and editing skills
- Knowledge of the Laws of Zimbabwe
- Ability to present facts clearly and logically orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Interested candidates should submit application with detailed CV, and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to the Head Human Resources on [email protected] not later than 19 February 2021