Legal and Administration Officer
- Post Date:June 8, 2021
- Apply Before: June 15, 2021
- Views 228
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
We have been exclusively retained by our client, a well established manufacturer and supplier of fast moving consumer goods in the agro-processing industry to assist with the recruitment and selection of a suitably qualified Legal and Administration Officer. The incumbent will be responsible for providing legal advice to the Company to achieve compliance with all legal requirements and to plan the most efficient administrative procedures for the Company.
The position reports to the Corporate Secretary.
Key Job Functions:
- Assist the Corporate Secretary in organising and serving Board and Board Committees.
- Secure legal advice from external lawyers where necessary.
- Vetting and drafting of contracts and policies affecting the Company.
- Maintain a register of published Statutory Instruments relevant to the Company’s operations.
- Notify all Departments about relevant new and amended legislation and its interpretation.
- Liaising with external lawyers on all court cases.
- Assist in review of effective internal controls to ensure compliance.
- Administer Cellphone Policy, Fuel Allocation and Motor Vehicle Policy.
- Allocate motor vehicles to all Departments in line with company policy.
- Maintain fuel float for the organisation in line with the company policy.
- Ensure that rates and rentals are paid as per lease agreements.
- Update and ensure timeous processing of lease agreements for all tenants .
- Manage the insurance portfolio of the Company.
- Prepare departmental monthly and adhoc reports for submission to the Corporate Secretary.
Requirements of the Job:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree.
- A professional qualification in Administration and Insurance.
- At lest 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Good knowledge of Corporate Governance and strategic issues.
Confidential enquiries may be directed to our Recruitment Consultant Calistas Bumhira on +263 773 280 689, +263 (242) 772 778/ 770 035 or to Florence Chidziya on +263 719 016 863
Fidelity Life Tower,
The Closing Date for Applications is 14 June 2021
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.