Legal and Administration Manager
- Post Date:February 19, 2021
- Views 422
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
VACANT POSITION: LEGAL AND ADMINISTRATION MANAGER
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the above-mentioned position. The incumbent will report to the Corporate Secretary and will be based at Head Office.
- 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language and Mathematics/Accounts.
- Bachelor of Laws Honours Degree.
- Professional Accounting qualification e.g. CIS/CIMA
- 3 years post qualification experience in Law and Administration.
- Civil and litigation experience is a must.
- Good knowledge of Legal Corporate Governance and Strategic issues.
- Knowledge of Labour Laws.
- Excellent negotiating and interpersonal skills.
- Strategic management skills
- Good legal written, communication and interpersonal skills.
- High integrity.
- Self-driven and business sense
- Ability to work under pressure
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Provides sound legal advice to the organisation to achieve compliance with all legal requirements.
- Secures legal advice from external Lawyers as well as liaising with external lawyers on all court cases where necessary.
- Drafts pleadings on all civil suits.
- Vets and drafts contracts and policies
- Maintains a register of published Statutory Instruments relevant to operations of the organisation.
- Notifies Divisions/Departments about relevant new and amended legislation and its interpretation.
- Assists in review of effective internal controls to ensure compliance to Code of Conduct protocol and Corporate Governance.
- Promotes good Corporate Governance.
- Maintains and updates a register on cases referred to external lawyers.
- Analyses and makes appropriate recommendations and follow-ups on implementation of court judgments.
- Monitors and evaluate the performance of external lawyers.
- Maintains judgments files and distributes to other Divisions/Departments where necessary.
- Maintains a register of legal fees paid.
- Ensures, organises and serves Board and Board Committees.
- Allocates motor vehicles to all GMB Divisions/Departments in line with organisational policy.
- Maintains fuel float for the organisation in line with the organisational policy.
- Ensures that rates and rentals are paid as per agreements by GMB to the Council and by tenant to GMB on a monthly basis.
- Ensures that assets are insured and manages insurance portfolio for the organisation for both vehicle insurance and company assets insurance.
- Monitors allocation and usage of cell phones to Manager levels and below in line with the organisational policy.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be emailed to: [email protected]. Not later than 28 February 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Related Jobs (34)
Senior Account Manager – Harare on June 17, 2021