- Post Date:May 31, 2021
- Views 378
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
NSSA is an organisation undergoing a transformation journey to position itself as a modern and relevant entity that delivers real value to its members through responsive social security services. In addition, we strive to stimulate economic activity, generate foreign currency, and create jobs for the benefit of Zimbabweans.
The new NSSA conducts its business in an honest, accountable, and transparent manner and we seek to recruit like-minded individuals in the following areas:
LEGAL ADVISOR – (HEAD OFFICE): GRADE 13
Reporting to the Deputy Company Secretary, the successful candidate will provide support services to the Authority in respect of legal guidance and advice to facilitate effective decision making.
- Provide assistance to Senior Management concerning how laws and regulations impact their functional areas.
- Provide legal counsel and guidance to Senior Management on legal matters and queries.
- Draft and review proposed contracts, service legal agreements and other legal instruments.
- Monitor implementation and compliance with contracts. identify key legal issues facing the organisation and develop Strategies to address them.
- Study any new legislation or statutory regulations and advise Senior Management of the key issues that will affect the Authority and advise on measures to be taken to ensure compliance.
- Conduct legal research founded on in-depth analysis of the matter at hand whenever called upon by the Corporate Secretary and Legal advisor or Senior Management.
- A Bachelor of Laws Degree. Key Competencies and Characteristics
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in either public or private practice
Key Competencies and Characteristics
- Should have demonstrated experience in legal instrument drafting.
- Very good communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of contract law.
- Thorough knowledge of the NSSA ACT and enabling instruments.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy.
Those interested in pursuing these opportunities should submit their applications with copies of CV’s and professional qualifications to:
The Deputy Director – Human Resources
National Social Security Authority
P.O. Box CY 1387
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To reach not later than close of business on Friday 4th June 2021.