Lecturer/Professor: Department of Languages and Literature: Faculty of Arts, Culture and Heritage Studies
- Post Date:October 8, 2021
- Views 196
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and the differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ PROFESSOR: DEPARTMENT OF LANGUAGES AND LITERATURE: FACULTY OF ARTS, CULTURE AND HERITAGE STUDIES: MANICALAND REGIONAL CAMPUS (1 POST)
- Leading in the development and launching of new programmes;
- Developing and producing Open and Distance e-Learning materials including writing of modules;
- Managing technology enabled teaching;
- Carrying out research and creative work;
- Promoting University wide initiatives;
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
- Fostering Education 5.0 through innovation and industrialization
- Engaging in community service;
- Interfacing with other Faculties; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A Master’s Degree in Linguistics or English in which languages or linguistics is a strong component;
- A Bachelor’s degree in English or Bachelor’s degree in Linguistics;
- Possession of a PhD in the area stated above is an added advantage;
- Working experience in a university setting, especially Open and Distance e-Learning, is an added advantage;
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience in an institution of Higher Learning is a requirement;
- Knowledge of Open and Distance Electronic-Learning mode of delivery would be an added advantage; and
- Computer literacy is a must;
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- EITHER: in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
- OR as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB: Those who submit their applications online will be required to bring their original documents for verification upon invitation for interview.
Applications should be received not later than 9 October 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University or
P O Box MP 1119
or Hand delivered to:
3rd Floor, Corner House
Cnr S. Machel and L. Takawira St.