Lecturer/Professor: Department of Agricultural Management: Faculty of Agriculture
- Post Date:October 8, 2021
- Views 359
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Education
The Zimbabwe Open University (ZOU) is the largest and comprehensive Open & Distance Electronic-Learning (ODeL) university in Zimbabwe that offers lifelong learning in an affordable and flexible manner.
Suitably qualified, experienced and motivated candidates are invited to apply for the following vacant positions that have arisen in the Zimbabwe Open University.
Women candidates and the differently abled persons are encouraged to apply.
LECTURER/ SENIOR LECTURER/ ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/ PROFESSOR: DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURAL MANAGEMENT: FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE: NATIONAL CENTRE (1 POST)
- Leading in the development and launching of new programmes;
- Developing and producing Open and Distance Learning materials including writing modules;
- Marking assignments as well as examinations;
- Carrying out research and creative work;
- Promoting the University wide initiatives;
- Coordination of activities for Degree/Master programmes at the Regional Campus;
- Establishing partnerships with industry and local communities;
- Engaging in University teaching, research, community engagement, innovation and industrialisation;
- Interfacing with other Faculties; and
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by the Dean or Regional Director.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master of Science Degree in Animal Science;
- A Bachelors’ Degree in Agriculture (Animal Science/Livestock Production);
- Possession of a PhD in the areas stated above is an added advantage;
- Knowledge of Open and Distance e-Learning would be an added advantage;
- Computer literacy;
- Working experience in a university setting, especially Open and Distance e-Learning is an added advantage;
- A minimum of two (2) years post qualification experience.
CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT MEET THE STIPULATED REQUIREMENTS NEED NOT APPLY.
Interested and qualified persons should submit their applications consisting of the following documents: application letter, certified educational and professional certificates as well as transcripts and curriculum vitae with contact details (telephone numbers and e-mail addresses) of at least three (3) referees as follows:
- EITHER: in PDF format as a single document to: [email protected]
- OR as hard copies which consist of ten (10) sets of each of the above listed documents. All envelopes should clearly indicate the post being applied for.
NB: Those who submit their applications online will be required to bring their original documents for verification upon invitation for interview.
Applications should be received not later than 9 October 2021.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director, Human Resources
Zimbabwe Open University or
P O Box MP 1119
or Hand delivered to:
3rd Floor, Corner House
Cnr S. Machel and L. Takawira St.
Related Jobs (8)
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021
Design, Monitoring & Evaluation (D,M&E) Coordinator -Education on October 25, 2021 Contract