Lecturer/Professor - Computer Information Systems
- Post Date:July 30, 2022
- Views 535
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
Africa University, a Pan African and United Methodist Church Related Institution In Zimbabwe, Invites applications from suitably qualified and well experienced persons to fill the strategic position of LECTURER/SENIOR LECTURER/ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR/PROFESSOR COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS in the Department of Computer Science and Computer Information Systems:
Reporting to: The H.O.D
The incumbent will serve in the capacity of Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor /Professor will provide leadership in contributing to the smooth organisation and implementation of the activities of the Programmes offered in the Department through spearheading innovative teaching and research that leads to transformative community service and engagement using Software Engineering and Computer Science techniques.
QUALIFICATIONS AND DESIRED ATTRIBUTES
- PhD in Software Engineering.
- Master’s degree in Software Engineering.
- Bachelor’s Degree In Software Engineering.
- At least five years teaching experience at undergraduate, graduate or tertiary level and/or industry.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and teaching online courses and programmes.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise student lab work, conducting and publishing their own research work
- Ability to spearhead novel technologies for improved efficiency
- A traceable track record of conducting relevant research and publishing in reputable, peer-reviewed journals.
- Ability to mobilise resources through writing research and grant proposals independently.
- Ability to work as a team and respect for cultural diversity.
- Demonstrated record of academic leadership that will contribute to invigorating departmental instruction, curricular innovation, and increased Departmental research productivity in line with the Education 5.0 thrust in Higher Education Training
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Teach courses in software engineering and technology related courses to both undergraduate, graduate and post graduate students
- Develop course materials for various undergraduate and postgraduate programmes In software engineering, computer engineering and related fields.
- Spearhead competitive research and project grant applications for resource mobilization.
- Work with the team (and lead where possible) in the development of new modules, new programmes and innovative teaching and delivery methods.
- Work with the department and College team in the development of online programmes.
- Supervise undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate research work
- Undertake original/innovative research in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering or related disciplines, prepare material for publication and commercialization of research outputs in line with the Education 5.0 thrust of Higher Education training.
- Contribute to the international Computer Science community through, for example, membership of peer review bodies, and refereeing and reviewing of project proposals and manuscripts.
- Undertake the role of personal academic Tutor to a group of students.
- Contribute to the research environment of the Department, College and the University as appropriate.
- Liaise with industry and other stakeholders regarding curricula, excursions, research and community empowerment projects.
- Work flexibly as an enthusiastic member of the College team undertaking routine additional tasks as necessary.
- Contribute, appropriate to experience, to the broader work of the University.
- Carry out any other functions as assigned.
Applications together with copies of Curriculum Vitae, certified copies and certificates, academic transcripts and at least three names of referees with their email, phone numbers and postal addresses should be forwarded to: [email protected]
The closing date for applications is 1 August 2022.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.