- Post Date:March 5, 2021
- Views 600
- Qualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
We are growing!
Almond Africa is looking for suitably qualified personnel to fill in openings within our company as Landscapers.
- “C” in O’ level Maths and English
- Qualification in Horticulture, Botany or Gardening is an added advantage
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Criminal Free Record
- Age range 22 – 50
- Hard working
- Decent level of strength and stamina
- Takes pride in their work
- Basic mechanical skills/machinery knowledge
- An understanding of plants and pests
- Ability to manage time and resources efficiently
- Knowledge of associated safety hazards
- Create new landscapes based on designs
- Uphold existing landscapes by planting, weeding, trimming, edging, pruning, watering, aerating, scarifying, mulching and fertilising.
- Collecting litter, stones or any other objects and general manicure of the grounds
- Keep walkways and building entrances clean and safe
- Where necessary, apply organic pesticide to eliminate pests from flowers and plants
- Nourish the soil using organic fertilisers and other soil conditioners
- Create and maintain a favourable moisture, PH & microbiome in the soil for plants to thrive
- Maintain and repair fountains, fences, walls, driveways, ponds, swimming pools, patios, garden ornaments, garden furniture, walkways, etc.
- Install arches, trellises, arbours, pergolas, garden furniture, children’s playgrounds and rockeries
- Perform minor repair and maintenance of gardening tools and equipment
- Install lighting, irrigation systems and decorative elements in the garden
- Maintain accurate records of rainfall, water application, fuel, fertiliser and pesticide use as well as any other materials or consumables
- Collect and segregate organic material and channel into compost making
Please forward application letter and CV, copies of all academic and professional certificates and at least two reference letters to [email protected]
Applicants to indicate on their applications, the city they would prefer to be employed in (Harare or Bulawayo)
*Successful candidates will be required to provide police clearance.
Almond Africa is an equal opportunities employer.