- Post Date:September 17, 2021
- Views 239
- Career Level TechnicianQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
City of Harare is inviting suitable applicants for vacant positions that have arisen in its various Departments.
POSITION : LANDFILL TECHNICIAN (1 POST)
REPORTING TO : LANDFILL OFFICER
GRADE : 9/8
LOCATION : KELVIN DEPOT
DEPARTMENT : WORKS
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill in the above mentioned vacancy in the Landfills Section, Amenities Division of the Department of Works.
The job exists for the monitoring and control of waste disposal sites in order to enhance environmental sustainability.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Monitoring and management of hazardous materials that can threaten a local ecosystem.
- Scheduling required test and maintenance of measuring. monitoring and testing equipment.
- Interfacing with regulatory agencies, inspectors and visitors as required or directed.
- Advising the Landfill Officer of all conditions that impact operations at waste disposal sites.
- Supervising and monitoring the operations and maintenance of waste disposal sites in line with provisions of the Environmental Management Act and other Statutory and Regulatory frameworks.
- Supervision of staff and performance management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- A Diploma in Environmental Management Management/ Environmental Health or an acceptable equivalent.
- A Higher National Diploma in Environmental Management is an added advantage.
- Membership of the Environmental Health Practitioners Council of Zimbabwe or any other professional bodies is an added advantage.
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s Licence an added advantage.
- At least two years post qualification experience.
SKILLS AND DESIRED COMPETENCES
- Team player
- Ability to work under pressure:
- Proficiency in using field testing, monitoring and measuring equipment
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Client management / customer service skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
Compensation and Benefits
A competitive salary commensurate with the post and other benefits will be disclosed to successful candidates.
NB: City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer. Female applicants are encouraged to apply.
Written applications and detailed Curriculum Vitae including certified copies of relevant certificates should be clearly marked, on the envelope, the position being applied for submitted to:
The Acting Human Capital Director
P.O. Box 1680
Rowan Martin Building
OR hand delivered to:
Records Office.Basement, Room B32, Rowan Martin Building, Harare
To arrive not later than 22nd September 2021
CANVASSING WILL DISQUALIFY APPLICANTS
City of Harare is an equal opportunities employer
Related Jobs (14)
Strategic Information Evaluation and Learning Director on October 14, 2021 Contract
Assistant Soap Manager on October 12, 2021