Laboratory Technician - Harare
- Post Date:May 3, 2022
- Views 854
- Career Level TechnicianQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
The Society wishes to invite applications from suitably qualified and experienced individuals to fill the position of Laboratory Technician – Harare that has arisen in the Group.
- Collects patient Specimens which include blood, non-blood specimens, and some specialized procedures performed at point of contact with patients as and when necessary.
- Registers patient information in LIS as needed.
- Performs and documents daily equipment function by checking and calibrating specific lab equipment to ensure that it is operating efficiently and providing accurate results.
- Performs periodic routine preventative maintenance and troubleshooting on malfunctioning equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications (daily, weekly, or monthly).
- Reviews daily raw data, equipment flags and other appropriate testing parameters prior to reporting results to evaluate test or instrument performance.
- Verifies that the proper specimen being analysed is for the correct patient and that the correct test is being performed by matching the electronic test request forms to the patient specimen.
- Runs prescribed routine and high complexity assays on manual and on automated platforms in line with Standard Operating Procedures and adhering to quality control to include IQC and proficiency testing.
- Follows established safety practices including handling biohazard material, exposure control plan e.g. (blood-borne pathogens), and infection control.
- Monitors tests quality, accuracy, timely testing and release of results through tracking turnaround times, pending tests and updating daily worklists.
- Validates test results through correlation with test parameters (e.g. Hgb/Hct, anion gap, etc.), to ensure accuracy and determine reasonableness of results prior to reporting of test results.
- Confirms testing on all Critical Values to ensure accuracy prior to releasing of test results according to established Standard Operating Procedures policy and procedures.
- Diploma/Certificate in Medical Laboratory Technician
- Knowledge of the ISO 15189 quality management system
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician
- Valid Practising Certificate
If you are interested, apply no later than Friday 6th May 2022.