Laboratory MotorBike Rider (Class 3)
- Post Date:April 6, 2022
- Views 449
- Career Level DriverQualification CertificateExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Health Care
Contract: Locum / Part time
Established in 1987, Population Services Zimbabwe (PSZ) and affiliate of Marie Stopes International, is one of the largest organisations providing specialised Sexual and Reproductive Health in Zimbabwe, complementing the Ministry of Health and Child Care and the Zimbabwe National Family Planning Council.
The Motor Bike driver is part of the Support Office team working closely with the Laboratory Scientist and Procurement Manager to ensure delivery of goods and items between centres and the Laboratory and any scheduled delivery and messenger duties.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following among other duties:
- Work at the Laboratory efficiently fulfilling all delivery and collection tasks;
- Ensure adequate safety of consignments;
- Obtain delivery signatures and ensure all consignments have accompanying documents;
- Clean, Oil, refuel and troubleshoot minor faults;
- Record all movements in the Log book;
- Monitor service intervals and inform the Logistics Assistant;
- Follow proper procedure in the event of an accident;
- Carry out basic cleaning in the laboratory;
- Any other duties as may be assigned
- At least 3 ‘O’ level;
- Ability to read, write and speak in English;
- Class 3 rider’s license;
- Defensive driver’s license an added advantage;
- At least 3 years driving / riding work experiences;
- Experience in working at a medical environment or NGO an added advantage;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Hardworking and able to Communicate at all levels.
Applications should clearly state the position being applied for on the email subject section. You should include a cover letter and a curriculum vitae with three (3) referees. Applications should be received by 1 pm on 8 April 2022 and should be directed to email [email protected]
Early applications are encouraged as shortlisting and interviews will be on a rolling basis
PSZ does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process. PSZ subscribes to the Marie Stopes International Child Safeguarding Policy. The successful candidates will undergo background checks and will be required to commit in writing agreement to adhere to the guidelines of this policy.