- Post Date:April 26, 2022
- Views 686
- Career Level AssistantQualification CertificateExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Agriculture
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced personnel to fill the position of Laboratory Assistant. The incumbent will report to the Quality Assurance Officer and will be based at Aspindale Depot.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum of 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language, Mathematics and Science.
- Certificate in Laboratory Sciences.
- A minimum of one year in a laboratory.
- Excellent knowledge of laboratory apparatus.
- Excellent with figures.
- Excellent analytical and decision making skills.
- High degree of personal hygiene and housekeeping.
- High level of safety conscience.
- Excellent customer care.
- Good communication skills.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
- Assists in carrying out all laboratory tests for Quality checking: –
- Aflatoxin tests.
- Oil content.
- Polypropylene bag test.
- Fumigation and tarpaulin tests.
- Grading of all grains.
- Quality checks of flour (Falling number and Protein)
- Assists in calibrating grading equipment (moisture meters and scales).
- Cleaning of glassware and housekeeping of the laboratory.
- Any other work related duties as assigned by Superior.
Applications accompanied with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of qualifications should be clearly marked Laboratory Assistant and emailed to: [email protected]
Not tater than 28 April 2022
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.