Knowledge Management Associate - Trade
- Post Date:January 2, 2021
- Views 463
- Qualification DegreeExperience 3-5 YearsIndustry Business
Are you interested in communicating knowledge about African trade to different audiences? Would you like to work with a team that is accompanying Africa on its new trade journey under the AfCFTA?
At the DevDispatch, we are looking for a great person to join our team providing information management and research analysis for our knowledge activities. The Associate will support the global development community to improve the discoverability and use of trade knowledge and information. This is an excellent opportunity for an African trade enthusiast to not only develop real expertise but grow the continent’s understanding and knowledge base as it begins to trade as one bloc from January 01, 2021 under the AfCFTA.
To meet our mission to improve the use of knowledge to make more informed decisions to facilitate effective trade between Africans under the AfCFTA, the DevDispatch is employing innovative ways to create and share a wide range of knowledge products within the sector. We are maximizing the knowledge capital produced within the continent on trade issues.
About the DevDispatch
The DevDispatch is a global development knowledge platform that is dedicated to working with development organisations to get their publications and stories to the right audience. We are a knowledge broker that operates in the intersection of development knowledge production and knowledge dissemination and utilisation. As Africa sets sail to trade under the AfCFTA starting January 1, 2021, the platform will focus on disseminating knowledge on all things African trade.
The successful candidate will
- Have an undergraduate degree;
- Have proven interest in African trade and international trade;
- Reside anywhere on the African continent;
- Have the capacity to work independently in a results-oriented environment; being both flexible and detail-oriented;
- Have interest in knowledge practices in the global development sector;
- Have interest in developing content for different audiences;
- Have strong writing ability, excellent English language and communication skills both written and oral;
- Have strong computer skills with knowledge of many desktop applications as well as familiarity with Google Suite;
- Have the ability to multitask under tight deadlines;
- Have the ability to think quickly and strong sensibilities to improvise when necessary;
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
To apply, submit your CV and covering letter to [email protected] explaining why you are interested in this role and what you would like to learn from this position. Applications will be reviewed on an on-going basis till we find the right candidate, so it is recommended you apply as soon as possible.
Deadline: 14 January 2021