Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist
- Post Date:February 1, 2022
- Views 419
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Location: Mutare, Manicaland, Zimbabwe
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
The Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist will work closely with the Communication and Learning Specialist and the Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation Lead (CLA) to ensure and foster effective communication, collaboration, learning, and adaptive management for the program.
Key duties and Responsibilities
- Plans Lead and support the development and implementation of a detailed program learning plan/ learning agenda, and associated learning partnerships and processes.
- Manage the program knowledge management platforms including Microsoft teams, SharePoint, Google drive among others
- Oversee peer-to-peer learning, knowledge sharing and application, activity-based capacity strengthening, evidence and data utilization within the team.
- Produce learning and communication products (e.g., briefs, infographics, humanitarian stories)
- Develop high-quality documents that summarizes large amounts of information for easy access and use by internal and external partners
- Support the hosting of learning events and processes.
- Work with all program staff to support program active and intentional adaptive management activities and processes
- Foster the creation of a culture of openness, trust, and continuous improvement within the program team and with partners.
- Write, review, and consolidate program reports and ensure timely submission.
- A Bachelor of science degree and a minimum of four years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English. and local languages