Knowledge Management and Learning Specialist
- Post Date:April 4, 2022
- Views 469
- Career Level SpecialistQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
CARE began working in Zimbabwe in 1992 in response to a severe regional drought. After establishing a drought mitigation program, CARE began longer term developmental programs with local partners in building small dams, strengthening local microfinance institutions, and launching projects to assist small businesspersons in the rural areas.
CARE Zimbabwe’s overall goal is to empower disadvantaged and poor households to meet their basic needs. Programs promote sustainable livelihoods of poor and vulnerable people.
The organisation seeks to recruit outstanding candidates who are known for their excellence, professionalism, integrity and who are committed to providing support to vulnerable communities in remote locations of the targeted provinces. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply for the position posted below.
- Develops and manages innovative and cost-effective on-line and off-line KM tools and systems to consolidate, compile and disseminate information and knowledge generated from various sources.
- Plans, leads, and supports the development and implementation of a detailed program learning plan/ learning agenda, and associated learning partnerships and processes.
- Serves as Takunda’s key focal point for managing data requests, and assist by providing knowledge products
- Builds capacity and supports program teams in the area of knowledge generation and capture
- Develops high-quality documents that summarize large amounts of information for easy access and use by internal and external partners
- Contributes to the production of learning and communication products (e.g., briefs, infographics, humanitarian stories)
- Supports the hosting of learning events and processes.
- Work with all program staff to support program active and intentional adaptive management activities and processes
- Foster the creation of a culture of openness, trust, and continuous improvement within the program team and with partners.
- Write, review, and consolidate program reports and ensure timely submission.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Science, Information Management, Information Systems, Communication, International Development, Development Studies or relevant discipline
- A minimum of four years of relevant professional training and experience
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills in English. and local languages.
- Strong facilitation and teamwork aptitude
- Strong team player with a proven track record of effective networking and operational effectiveness
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to collaborate across functions
- Self-motivated, analytical and with ability to work independently and respond quickly to needs and expectations with appropriate prioritization.
- Proven rigor in producing high quality documents; and resourcefulness in delivering high-quality knowledge products to clients in a timely manner.
- Keeps abreast of development in the tools, trends, and practices in knowledge management.
Deadline: 5 April 2022
Related Jobs (20)
Team Lead, Youth Political Attitudes and Behavior Assessment on June 22, 2022 Contract
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022