Junior Programmes Lawyer
- Post Date:March 23, 2022
- Views 225
- Career Level JuniorQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Brief about the organization: An opportunity has arisen within an organization focusing on access to justice and human rights that seeks the services of Junior Programmes Lawyer.
Duties and responsibilities
- Provides legal assistance to clients and handles strategic litigation;
- Conducts research and advocacy initiatives;
- Conducts training of justice sector actors such as police, prisons and traditional leaders;
- Compiles programme reports and any other reports required by supervisor;
- Represents the organization at provincial meetings with the various stakeholders;
- Manages performance of immediate subordinates including coaching and mentoring.
Skills and competencies
- Knowledge of human rights and access to justice issues;
- Excellent litigation skills and knowledge of the law in general;
- Excellent research and writing skills;
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills and must be proficient in both oral and written English;
- Knowledge and fluency in Ndebele;
- Sharp analytical and verbal reasoning skills;
- Ability to work and interact with marginalized and vulnerable communities and individuals;
- Ability to lead and motivate teams;
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of packages;
- Clean Class 4 Drivers license.
- Masters in Law / Development Studies / Business Administration;
- 3 years practicing law in Zimbabwe;
- Registered with the LSZ.
Interested applicants to direct their applications and CVs to [email protected] by Friday 25 March 2022.