Junior Professional Officer (JPO) - Climate Change and Resilience Officer - Harare, Zimbabwe
- Post Date:June 23, 2021
- Views 562
- Career Level OfficerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Sida’s program for Junior Professional Officers (JPO) is a resource base program within multilateral development cooperation. The goal of Sida’s work with resource base development is to broaden and develop the Swedish resource base and to increase the number of qualified Swedes in priority multilateral and international organizations. The program gives younger academics the opportunity to gain experience from development cooperation with placement mainly within the UN and the World Bank, but also other international organizations
This position involves placement with WFP in Harare, Zimbabwe in resilience, nexus and livelihoods. Read the ToR document below for more information.
Sida collaborates with WFP in the selection and recruitment process. The service is for one year at a time, for a maximum of three years.
- taken master’s or master’s degree at the time of application
- at least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- maxi 32 years at the time of application
- very good knowledge of English
- Swedish citizenship or Swedish residence permit (for citizens from non-OECD countries) with very good knowledge of Swedish and some education completed in Sweden
- as well as qualification requirements in the job description (ToR).
Applicants are responsible for ensuring that all documents are uploaded and are filled in correctly in Sida’s recruitment tool via the application form on the next page. Incomplete application is not accepted. The following documents must be attached:
- Personal letter in English
- CV in English
Name your documents according to this format: “First Name Last Name CV”, “First Name Last Name CL”, “First Name Last Name P11” and “First Name Last Name MA”.
Good to know about the recruitment process:
- The last application date is July 5, 2021.
- Sida only accepts applications via the recruitment system
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- The selection process will begin after the application period has expired
- Interviews will be held sometime in August / September
- The compulsory departure course will be held October 5-8, 2021.
- Access to the service no earlier than mid-October 2021.
You will find all relevant information about the service in the job description (see link above). For information about the JPO program and the recruitment process, read the fact sheet and FAQ . For further questions, contact [email protected].
Please note that this JPO position is only open to Swedish nationals and permanent residency holders. No applications are accepted by email.
Sida strives for diversity in all its dimensions and welcomes all applicants.
Related Jobs (26)
Assistant Social Services and Recreation Officer on August 3, 2021
Executive Officer Human Resources and Administration (Grade 10) on August 3, 2021 Full Time
Citizen Engagement and Partnerships (CEP) Specialist on August 3, 2021 Contract