Junior Business Analyst
- Post Date:May 31, 2022
- Views 651
- Career Level AnalystQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Our client, a Blue Chip, in the Agriculture sector, is seeking a self-motivated person to fill the position of Junior Business Analyst.
Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supporting the financial forecasting and reporting functions in their assigned operations, as well as providing analysis of business performance to Senior Management and Shareholders.
In addition, the Business Analyst is required to assist with the integration of models and reports with the SAP System.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary role is to rebuild business models with automated integration of SAP.
- Manage the model development cycle.
- Assist the finance function with the production of monthly reports and forecasts.
- Quality check the management accounts and executive summaries provided by the business to ensure that the results are clearly and accurately reported to head office.
- Assist the finance team with updating any models used by operations, and assist with the preparation of the budget
- Assist the finance team with any reconciliation exercises required to enable management/head office to understand changes in performance projections
- Critically assess their business and make suggestions to tactics and strategy based on their understanding of performance.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis as required by shareholders or management
- Interacts with members of the analysis team, senior management, information technology department, and the finance function.
Qualifications & Experience
- BSc in Financial Engineering, ACA, ICAANZ, SAICA, or similar
- Masters in any numerical or technical subject is an added advantage.
Specialized or Technical Knowledge:
- Must have strong excel skills and fluency in other Microsoft applications.
- Financial Literacy is required, this may come from previous experience, / training in accounting or another financial discipline.
- Coding experience is a must preferably in languages such as C#, python, or R.
- Must be familiar with SQL queries.
- Excel automation
- Familiarity with relational databases
- Familiarity with SAP