- Post Date:July 28, 2021
- Views 546
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry ICT
Reporting to: Digital Health Systems Developer (DHSD)
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Type of Contract: Part-Time Contract
The Organization for Public Health Interventions and Development (OPHID) PVO 31/16 develops and implements innovative approaches and strategies to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services in Zimbabwe, by providing enhanced access for communities to comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment. OPHID works with the Ministry of Health and Child Care (MOHCC) in implementing these interventions.
The incumbent’s primary focus will be responsible for the development of additional server-side logic, mobile application development and ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end developed by co-workers, as well integrating with the front-end elements built by your co-workers.
- Development of data collection systems, with emphasis on open-source data collection tools with offline/online capabilities (ODK);
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code;
- Develop and maintain data platforms to ensure that they perform optimally;
- Adding additional features to already existing android applications (Java and Android studio);
- Development of real-time data processing modules, including data queuing and filtering;
- Near Real Time delivery of well-engineered solutions to collect and real-time processing of data;
- Managing the interchange of data between data aggregation systems using API;
- Integration of mobile data collection tools developed by front-end developers with data storage and analytics;
- Documentation of User Interface, Functionality and Milestones;
- Creating developer and user guide;
- Take part in code reviews and documentation reviews.
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field;
- Expertise in Python, coupled with knowledge of Django Web Framework;
- Deep understanding of Android ecosystem, and should have a hands-on experience in Developing and Unit Testing using Java;
- At least 3+ years of experience in Android;
- Ability to deal with high traffic, high volume data mining;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services;
- Familiarity with some ORM (Object Relational Mapper) libraries;
- Working knowledge of SQL Server
- Step 1: Complete the Application Form here
- Step 2: Submit your cv and application letter via email to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant on the basis of race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID and its Consortium partners are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, political affiliation, religion, tribe, national origin, gender, physical or mental disability, health status (including HIV status) or age.
OPHID does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, technical test, oral interviews, processing, training, or any other fees).
While OPHID may from time to time engage external consultants for the facilitation of the recruitment process, only OPHID has the right to offer employment to candidates. No third parties have been authorised to offer employment on behalf of OPHID.
Deadline: 31 July 2021
Related Jobs (45)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021