- Post Date:January 12, 2021
- Views 638
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: req11863
Job Title: IT Officer
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Harare, Zimbabwe
Under the direct supervision of the DCD (deputy country director) and technical support from RITD regional IT director, the IT Officer will be responsible for providing daily technical support and troubleshooting of all computing systems with consideration to the needs and requirements of the Zimbabwe country office.
IT Support – Provide Level 1 and Level 2 Support
- Work with end-users or IT colleagues (or Service Desk) on resolving Level 1 and level 2 issues in the country Office.
- Resolve or escalate Level 3 issues to appropriate internal or external resource (Regional IT lead /Applications team Service desk and vendor) as necessary.
Installation & Configuration and management of:
- Servers, Windows server 2016 operating system, Domain environment and essential network services.
- Desktop/laptop hardware and software, and peripherals, using IRC standard Windows 10 operating system image.
- Microsoft Office support, Active Directory Maintenance, logging of problems in Service-Now IRC IT enterprise ticketing helpdesk system.
- Specialized application installation and support such as, but not limited to, Sun Systems, BVA, Workday, Rescue Net, ERP and service now
- Assist with users e-mail account, creation, setup, archiving, termination, and distribution group management
- Verify and provide technical consultancy to procurement regarding purchasing spare parts for IT equipment and ensuring equipment purchased are of the right specifications and conform to the IRC standard specifications
- Install, document, manage and support wired and secured wireless networks for all field offices in Zimbabwe.
- Monitor the performance of the microwave, point to point and fiber backbone networks in the Harare, Chipinge, Nyanga and Beitbridge offices.
- Ensure data protection & backup systems are working properly (software & hardware)
- Work in collaboration with Supply chain team on asset management, disposal, and accuracy of inventory records.
- Improve the network infrastructure (Internet servers, filters, domain controllers, backups, print servers, etc.)
- Local Area Network, wireless network, peer-to-peer, or client server architecture, as appropriate.
Collaboration, Strategy Planning, Reporting and Capacity building.
- Provide trainings on demand basis to staff to strengthen knowledge of basic computer skills to end users.
- Serves as the IT liaison with field administration and staff to understand and interpret IT needs at the base level and to collaborate across lines in meeting those needs.
- Delivers appropriate training programs to ensure high quality professional staff performance in the area(s) of oversight.
- Participates in the documentation and implementation of policies and standard operating procedures to ensure effective operation of an organization.
- Participates as a member of the IT team in planning, problem resolution, and reviewing department performance.
- In coordination with the RITD, put work plans in place for improving IT systems, Internet connections and local networks for better performance and benefits.
- Regular monthly reporting as per the report template and submission to the geographical and functional managers.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree;
- At least 5 years of progressively responsible work experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge and understanding in Networking and Infrastructure Technologies (LAN/WAP administration, Cisco environment, Meraki and Cyberoam skills will be added advantage)
- Windows 2016 server administration skills
- Virtualization expertise on windows platform environments
- Working knowledge in Cloud computing technologies and data storage
- ITIL V4 fundamentals to administer and manage the service desk platform and improve SLAs and CRM
- Project management skills (PMI)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.