IT Graduate Intern
- Post Date:May 11, 2022
- Views 389
- Career Level StudentQualification DiplomaExperience 1-3 Years
- Industry Health Care
Type of Contract: Internship
Zimbabwe Health Interventions (ZHI) is a not-for-profit human development organization which is registered as a Trust under the Zimbabwe Deeds Registries Act (Chapter 20:05). ZHI’s mission is to develop and deliver innovative and sustainable high impact integrated health interventions with local communities while working with and strengthening existing institutions.
The IT graduate intern assists with desktop support, troubleshooting desktop hardware / software problems, and carrying out projects as assigned in a culturally diverse environment. Properly document support, repair, and project activities using a helpdesk ticketing system.
The incumbent will;
- Ask questions and get information in order to diagnose computer problems and discern what level of support is needed when a problem is presented;
- Provide technical assistance to office staffs as needed;
- Assist in software and hardware upgrades;
- Add or update workstations for office staffs;
- Perform routine PC maintenance and updates for performance efficiency;
- Supervise and process help desk support requests;
- Assist in maintaining Internet service, firewalls, and telephone systems;
- Initiate process improvements to better answer user demands;
- Any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365, Windows 7, And Windows 10 in a domain environment;
- Ability to troubleshoot common hardware / software issues;
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities;
- Ability to follow instructions and work autonomously, but also able to recognize when you are in over your head;
- Ability to quickly gain new skills and knowledge when faced with new challenges;
- Some familiarity with confidentiality requirements in a pseudo medical setting;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
Qualifications and experience
- HND / Graduate student in an IT field with at least one-year learning experience in computer systems operations;
- Knowledgeable in MS Active Directory structure;
- Software installations, backup and archive;
- Hardware and software troubleshooting;
- Printer and system maintenance.
- Step 1: Complete online form here
- Step 2: Submit your CV and application letter via email to [email protected] clearly indicating the position you are applying for on the subject of the email.
During the application process, ZHI will not charge any fee nor will it require any payment for an application to be considered. ZHI is an equal opportunity employer and employs personnel without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, language, citizenship, creed, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, physical handicap or financial ability.