IT Business Engagement Associate
- Post Date:June 9, 2022
- Views 345
- Career Level OtherQualification DiplomaExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Requisition ID: 166001
Job Type: Short Term-SC
Location: Zimbabwe – Harare
Working Job Language: English
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, colour, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
In Zimbabwe, WFP has a strong track record of delivering food assistance and managing supply chains during crises, while building resilience to shocks among vulnerable communities. The July 2022-December 2026 Country Strategic Plan (CSP) provides a road map to promote shock-responsive social protection and sustainable and resilient food systems. The July 2022-December 2026 articulates collaborative efforts to better anticipate future needs, improve data and forecasting and strengthen livelihoods and local capacities to withstand, respond to and adapt more readily to sudden or chronic stresses. WFP will support informed decision making on food security and nutrition in Zimbabwe, and will integrate nutrition, gender, protection and inclusion, youth engagement, technological innovation and decentralized zero hunger action throughout the plan. WFP will establish new partnerships and leverage existing ones to their full potential, including those with the other Rome-based and other United Nations agencies.
WFP Zimbabwe’s July 2022-December 2026 CSP focuses on the below areas:
- Social and humanitarian assistance for food-and nutrition-insecure populations in targeted rural and urban areas.
- Support to urban food insecure households for resilient livelihoods.
- Support to rural communities for climate resilient livelihoods, sustainable management of natural resources and enhanced participation in local markets and value chains.
- Collaboration with national actors to enhance capacities to develop, coordinate and implement well-informed, effective and equitable actions for achieving food and nutrition security
- Services to humanitarian and development actors in Zimbabwe so they can implement their programmes and provide support to their beneficiaries in an efficient, effective and reliable way at all times, including during crises.
The Business Engagement Associate’s focus is to support the Head of ICT and the Digital and Data Services Lead with digital transformation opportunities where the ICT Unit can help improve the effectiveness of the operation and programmatic response. Specifically, the Business Engagement Associate will provide support across various business areas to help shape the demand for technology and the use of data for decision making by business teams and ensure alignment to the business needs and country strategic plan .
The job holder will support data management by ensuring that the Country Office has the right tools and capabilities to undertake activities around data, including collection, cleansing, reporting, visualization, and analytics, through engagement with the business as well as leveraging Field TEC Services (FTS).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Support the engagement with CO business units and key stakeholders to identify requirements, high-level design, and deployment of digital services, solutions and systems.
- Conduct business analysis to document and guide the decisions on solution’s modality, i.e., reuse, buy or build.
- Liaise with colleagues in HQ and RBs to solicit inputs and advice in line with the Field Software Development Network.
- Work closely with data owners, and stakeholder to identify data pain points and data visualization needs for country operations, by carrying out data mapping assessments to identify local demand.
- Coordinate the rollout and adoption of DOTS (WFP’s Data Integration Solution), Tableau as the corporate business intelligence and data visualization solution, and the MoDA mobile data collection platform for several identified use cases.
- Understand new technology trends, forecast future requirements and help to guide business strategies to include a digital dimension.
- Support the CO in the delivery of Digital Advisory and Support Services, providing operational assistance, user support and training, change requests and performance monitoring.
- Support the delivery of efficient and effective IT and Telecommunications (TC) services, contributing to sound, innovative solutions that enable food assistance programmes, in line with WFP’s strategy in general.
- Contribute to the capability building of staff through supporting appropriate training programs aimed at developing skills/knowledge in IT and digital solutions.
- Report progress and issues to the Head of IT in the Country Office.
- Other activities as required.
Key Deliverables for this contract
- IT Services standardized and delivered within the area office.
- IT roadmap of digital solutions implemented in line with the Country Office strategy, outlining objectives and future capabilities, and the capacity/activities required for implementation based on the gaps between the baseline and roadmap objectives
- Monthly data literacy activities carried out in the CO and as part of the operational requirements
- Heads of Units supported in the development of regional data strategies, and their alignment with the broader organizational vision around data
- Capacity building through training of the support team in line with the Operational needs.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Completion of secondary school education.
- A post-secondary Diploma or degree in Computer Science, Information Systems. is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Shona/ Ndebele.
- At least Five years being responsible for professional experience and/or business systems analysis, design and development.
- Relevant progressive work experience in information management, information systems, web management, data management, GIS mapping, data visualization or project management is required.
- Must have developed business cases that capture project life-cycle costs, benefits, and risks for the purchase of IT service or equipment.
- Have ground-level experience leading the implementation of IT, networks and telecoms systems.
SPECIFIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- General management skills in business, and/or humanitarian and public sector contexts.
- Excellent business communications skills.
- Training and knowledge of business analysis.
- Ability to think strategically and create points-of-view, propositions and solutions to help clients gain value and solve complex.
- Creative thinking and conceptualizing of technology-based solutions.
- Ability to operate in distributed / decentralized teams, engage with and support partners
- Ability to perform under pressure, to multi-task, to navigate through multiple priorities and conflicting requests
- Proven experience working in a busy analytical environment and handling complex analysis.
- Experience working with teams and team processes. The candidate must demonstrate strong data analysis skills
- Ability to work in multi-cultural and multi-ethic environments.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including substantive report writing skills.
Capability Name Description of the behaviour expected for the proficiency level
- Governance, Strategy and Architecture
- Demonstrates awareness of overall IT governance structure and system architecture development to support the process and assist in design of interaction between systems.
- Change Implementation, Project management, Planning and Optimization
- Has basic understanding of project management principles to provide basic estimates on timing, resource utilisation and costs to facilitate the project planning process.
- Technical Expertise
- Continuously updates one’s own knowledge about new technologies and product modifications; Is sought out for advice/expertise and recognized internally as an important technical reference.
- Service Management
- Monitors and supervises maintenance and installation work against the established standards and protocols for service excellence and takes proper actions to correct inconsistencies and improve overall quality and customer satisfaction.
- Ensures that operational problems are identified and resolved.
- Client Management
- Exhibits a detailed understanding of customers’ IT requests in order to effectively address and manage internal customers ‘needs.
- Identifies recurrent issues to propose long-term solutions.
- Procurement and Contract Management
- Able to conduct a cost-benefit analysis of alternative technologies and vendor service level agreements to consolidate options and assess suitability.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Qualified candidates are requested to submit their application via E- Recruitment
attaching a signed application letter, a Curriculum Vitae and a signed Personal History Form (P11) available at: http://www.unon.org/docs/P11
Female candidates with relevant qualifications and experience are encouraged to apply.
WFP DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
The deadline for receipt of applications is 12 June 2022.
All employment decisions are made on the basis of organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.