- Post Date:September 15, 2021
- Views 248
- Career Level ConsultantQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Non Governmental
Young Africa Zimbabwe was established in 1998 The vision of YA is a shared world of equality where the power of young people is channelled to transform the world around them. The integral development of underprivileged youth is our mission. YA empowers young people through skills training for employability and entrepreneurship. We teach them skills of the hands to make them self-reliant, skills of heart and mind to live with dignity and responsibility, skills of the soul to live with purpose.
Young Africa Zimbabwe delivers its programme (the integral approach to youth development), which is based on the conviction that for young people to reach their full potential they have to develop in a holistic way. This is why life skills, entrepreneurship skills training, and talent development are integrated in all of YA Vocational Training Courses. The integral approach to youth development addresses the multi-dimensional nature of the development needs of young people (i.e. economic, social and emotional) in a highly synchronized way.
OBJECTIVE AND SCOPE OF WORK
The aim of the study is to equip Young Africa Zimbabwe Entrepreneurial trainers and other project staff with skills and knowledge of administering the ISALs methodology of resource mobilization so that they will, in turn, train students’ groups as part of entrepreneurship capacity development.
- Conduct a training needs assessment of YAZ trainers and project staff by assessing their knowledge levels of ISALs
- Provide training to the Trainers on ISALs content – both theory and practical, including illustrations on how savings grow
- To train the trainers on data collection and information management systems to be used for monitoring and tracking the ISALs groups
GEOGRAPHICAL AND PERSONNEL SCOPE OF THE TRAINING
The ISALs ToT will be conducted at a central venue, preferably Chitungwiza centre
A detailed training report with thematic areas covered, assessment of capacities of the trained group and set timelines for roll-out of training to students’ groups.
DURATION OF THE CONTRACT
The assignment is to be undertaken within 10 working days including the period of compiling report and addressing comments.
REQUIRED EXPERTISE AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum BSc. in Development Studies or related studies, with specialization in community projects management an added advantage.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in using ISALs methodology; evidence of having undertaken in-depth ISALs training before. Studies and evidence of having done similar work will be an added advantage.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; excellent written and spoken knowledge of local languages.
- Excellent presentation /facilitation skills.
Qualified candidates are hereby requested to apply. The application should contain the following:
- Expression of Interest to carry out the assignment
- Proposal (maximum 3 pages) outlining understanding of the ToRs, methodology, statement of competence of the Facilitator that will work on the assignment
- Financial proposal that indicates the all-inclusive fixed total contract price, supported by a breakdown of costs and payment terms.
- CV of Facilitator, indicating education background/professional qualifications, all experience, as well as the contact details (email and telephone number) of the candidate and at least three (3) professional references.
Consultants must submit their bids on or before the 20th September 2021. All bids must be submitted by email to [email protected]
Related Jobs (32)
Join Chiedza Child Care Centre on September 23, 2021
Gender, Protection and Disability Inclusion Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract
Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Officer on September 23, 2021 Contract