IS Project Manager
- Post Date:May 12, 2021
- Views 724
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The successful incumbent will be responsible for managing and coordinating cross- function Information Systems projects to ensure timely delivery of projects within budgeted costs.
- Develops project management plans that guides the implementation of the projects.
- Identifies and develops project requirements to establish project deliverables, using techniques and the project charter.
- Develops project schedules and monitors cost plans.
- Develops the project communications plan through extensive consultations, and from the stakeholder needs analysis.
- Identifies high level risks, assumptions and constraints using historical data and expert judgment and develops Risk Management Plan.
- Directs project kick off through conducting meetings with all key stakeholders to review the overall project plan and gain consensus.
- Carries out assessment and develops stabilisation plan for projects that re seriously out of schedule, over budget and of unacceptable quality.
- Develops Project governance model through adoption of detailed processes.
- Defines project scope and change management plan.
- Executes stabilisation plans for troubled projects to bring them back within approved baseline, cost and quality standards.
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- A degree in a business-related discipline or equivalent.
- A post-graduate business qualification is an added advantage.
- Project management certification (PMP, PRINCE2, AGILE Projects) is must.
- At least 3 years’ experience in business, a year of which should be in junior to middle management.
- 2 years’ experience managing at least 1 medium sized project (Budget of US250,000 or above).
- 4 to 7 years’ experience in the wireless, mobile communications industry, more specifically, Fintech, Ecommerce, Data Science, Big Data and VAS products.
- A good understanding of technical terminology, particularly, in the areas of banking, finance and insurance products).
- Experience in a similar or related environment will be considered, depending on relevance.
Please apply to: The HR Business Partner by sending your CV to: [email protected] clearly indicating the position “IS Project Manager” in the subject area by the 14th of May 2021.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Related Jobs (11)
Design Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer on August 13, 2022 Contract Full Time