Investments Operations Manager
- Post Date:March 16, 2021
- Views 421
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The following vacancy have arisen within First Mutual Wealth Company and applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill this vacancy
Reporting to the General Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Prepare client investment portfolio reports on a quarterly basis
- Review client investment schedules on a monthly basis for financial reporting purposes
- Prepare and review client investment mandates
- Ensuring adequacy of KYC provisions and customer due diligence
- Reviewing investment portfolio performance and monthly investments fees in line with investments mandates.
- Reviewing and authorizing corporate actions covering dividends on equities, share consolidations and share splits
- Authorizing the receipt and disposal of collateral security in line with approved security arrangements.
- Reviewing existing investments management systems to ensure that there is segregation of duties, adequate internal controls on user access and rights.
- Reviewing and authorizing scrip and bank reconciliations for wholesale portfolios and unit trust products on a daily basis.
- Liaising with external auditors during audit processes covering proprietary and client investments portfolios
- Preparing regulatory returns on set timelines for SECZIM
Qualifications & Experience:
The ideal candidate must possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Accounting, Economics or full CIS, ACCA, CIMA
- 5 years’ experience in an Investment Management Environment, 2 years should be at Managerial Level
- Proven experience with Microsoft Office suite programs. Specific experience using Microsoft Excel for data reconciliation, analytics, aggregation, and presentation is required
- Clean Class 4 Driver’s License
- Knowledge of relevant investment strategies and industry trends.
- Knowledge of global capital markets and the factors driving those markets.
- Knowledge of GSAM or experience in enhancing investments management systems an added advantage
- Person of high integrity
Candidates meeting the above criteria should forward their Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) and application letters to Group Human Resources via the following email address [email protected].
Applications should be sent by and not later than the 18 March 2021.
N.B Clearly label the position you applying for in the subject line.