- Post Date:May 4, 2022
- Views 356
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Education
ASSET PROTECTION SERVICES
Applications from suitably qualified members are invited to fill the post of INVESTIGATIONS OFFICER (1 POST).
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
The position requires an individual with:-
- At least a degree in Risk and Security Management, Police and Security Studies or a related qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant investigations experience at supervisory level.
- National Security Service experience would be an added advantage.
Duties and responsibilities
The successful candidate must be able to:-
- Work under minimum supervision, self- starter, mature and highly competent individual who is loyal and committed to serve the University.
- Conduct inquiries to establish perpetrators of crime and gathering evidence to prosecute and convict suspects.
- Interview suspects, respondents and witnesses during investigations.
- Examine evidence and conduct research through computer databases and other sources.
- Appear before disciplinary committees and criminal courts to give evidence concerning acts of commission and omission committed.
- Maintain and update investigation records through implementation of crime records management system in both soft and hard form.
- Train junior staff in the investigation function.
- Generate reports on investigations done.
- Carry out crime analysis so as to develop a concise crime database.
- Develop and maintain a strong information gathering network to enhance detection and recovery of stolen assets.
- Supervise junior staff during investigations.
- Perform any other relevant duties assigned by management.
Applicants must submit six (6) copies of applications, including a curriculum vitae, giving full personal particulars which should include full names, place and date of birth; certified copies of national identification, birth certificate, proof of qualifications, employment and experience, current salary, date of availability, telephone number and names and addresses of three (3) referees. Applications should be addressed to:
The Deputy Registrar
Department of Human Resources
University of Zimbabwe
P O Box MP167
Or hand delivered to:
University of Zimbabwe,
The closing date for receipt of applications is Friday 6 May 2022.