Investigation Officer: Restrictive Practices Division
- Post Date:November 16, 2021
- Views 314
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
The Competition and Tariff Commission (Commission) is a statutory body established under the Competition Act [Chapter 14:28]. The present Commission is a product of the merger in 2001 of the former Industry and Trade Competition Commission (ITCC) and Tariff Commission (TC). The ITCC had been established under the Competition Act, 1996 (No.7 of 1996) as a competition regulatory authority, while the TC had been established under the Tariff Commission Act [ Chapter 14:29] as a trade tariffs advisory authority. Both the ITCC and TC had commenced operations in 1998. The merger of the ITCC and TC was provided for under the Competition Amendment Act, 2001 (No.29 of 2001), which also repealed the Tariff Commission Act [Chapter 14:29].
The Commission is looking to recruit suitably qualified personnel for the following position:
Job Title: Investigating Officer
Directorate: Restrictive Practices
Responsible to: Chief Investigating Officer
Type of contract: Permanent
Under the overall supervision of the Assistant Director –Restrictive Practices Division and the direct supervision of the Chief Investigating Officer, the Incumbent shall be responsible for performing the following duties.
Key Duties/ Responsibilities
- Identify violations, investigate, assess and monitor restrictive practices and unfair business practices in Zimbabwe;
- Carry out investigations relating to abuse of dominance;
- Compile and submit investigation reports to the Chief Investigator;
- Ensure compliance by enforcing the Competition Act provisions pertaining to the prevention of restrictive and unfair business practices;
- Conduct market screening studies aimed at enhancing the understanding of the Commission as regards the market structure and conduct of market players in any given industry;
- Undertake advocacy and outreach programmes in Zimbabwe with the view to enhance competition culture;
- Assist with the development and drafting of Guidelines relating to restrictive practices and investigative procedures;
- Assist in the development of Divisional strategic documents to feed into the Commission’s Strategic Plan;
- Undertake any other related tasks that may be assigned from time to time
- A minimum of a Bachelor of Economics Degree, Law or equivalent qualification.
- A Masters Degree will be an added advantage
- A minimum of at least three (3) years relevant post-qualifying experience in market analysis/research, industry, or economic analysis.
- Working experience at a competition authority will be an added advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills particularly in interpreting, using, analyzing and presenting data and evidence.
- Demonstrable knowledge in competition law and or industrial organization or industry structures in Zimbabwe
- Excellent Computer Skills.
Applications accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of academic and professional qualifications to reach the address below by the 18th of November 2021, addressed to;
Competition and Tariff Commission
Or Emailed to: mailto: [email protected]
Related Jobs (39)
2 x Projects Coordinator (Midlands Province & Matebeleland North) on December 5, 2021 Full Time
Human Resource and Administration Officer (Matebeleland South Province) on December 5, 2021 Full Time