Internship Program June - December 2021
- Post Date:May 3, 2021
- Views 926
- Career Level StudentQualification DegreeExperience Fresh
- Industry Non Governmental
Positions under: Policy and Advocacy, Campaigns and Communications, Finance and Administration
Location: Cameroon, Kenya, and Zimbabwe
Duration: 6 months
Do you want to champion AFRODAD’s to support Africa’s inclusive economic growth and sustainable development through influencing policy change on debt management and development finance anchored on rights-based approaches? Scroll down and find out more!
The African Forum and Network on Debt and Development (AFRODAD) is a Pan-African Civil Society Organisation with national partners in 16 African countries and 3 regional economic blocs. Our mandate is to enhance public participation on public debt in order to strengthen accountability, governance, and promote responsible borrowing among African Governments. We work to ensure African continent do not slide back into being heavily indebted and is focused on influencing African governments to institute and implement policies and practices for sustainable development and eradication of poverty through development and implementation of sustainable debt policies; transparent, accountable and efficient mechanisms for mobilisation and utilisation of domestic resources; and effective use of international public finance.
With the continent facing a debt crisis, and the world talking about debt in the wake of the Covid-19 pandemic, AFRODAD is pleased to announce its 2021 Internship Programme. We are looking for a team of interns who have a strong interest in issues of Africa’s debt management, domestic resources, and public finance to join our team and contribute to influencing African Governments to institute and implement policies and practices for sustainable development and eradication of poverty.
Objective of AFRODAD’s Internship Programme 2021
Learn and champion the economic justice movement through policy advocacy and analysis, civil society organisational management, and media relations and coordination.
Knowledge and Interest
- Bachelor’s or currently pursuing a Master’s Degree in the following fields: accounting/ finance; communications; data science; development economics; economics; international development; international relations; statistics;
- Strong analytical and written skills; as well as strong public speaker;
- A good understanding of African perspectives on development and finance and passion to advance Africa’s agenda on the global stage;
- Ability to work from home and remotely due to current Covid-19 restrictions (AFRODAD will provide necessary support for home-working);
- English and French (For Cameroon and Kenya);
- Desire and effort to learn and grow professionally.
Interns are required to have their own laptops and have access to stable internet at all times
To apply for AFRODAD’s Internship Programme, please submit a 500-word personal statement stating your interest together with your detailed CV and at least 3 references one of which should be from your learning institution. Send your application to the Executive Director on [email protected] clearly stating the position you are applying for on the subject line e.g. “Intern – Policy and Advocacy”
Due to the high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Late applications will not be considered.
Deadline: 14 May 2021 (12pm)