- Post Date:June 24, 2021
- Views 286
- Career Level OtherQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
The Zimbabwe Energy Regulatory Authority (ZERA) is a statutory body mandated to ensure the provision of a level playing field for safe, reliable and sustainable energy supply through effective regulation. ZERA seeks the services of a highly competent, professional and results oriented individual who is able take to the organisation to a higher level in the role of Internal Auditor.
Reporting directly to the Head of Internal Audit
The Key Job Functions of this position will be:
- Creating audit engagement plans in line with the scheduling done by the supervisor.
- Reviewing operational and business risks, functions and activities and evaluating client relations in order to determine and recommend nature, scope, direction and thrust of proposed audit engagements
- Performing and controlling the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operation’s effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Performing work in adherence to the internal audit charter, job description and internal auditing standards
- Conducting follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Ensuring that audit results i.e report clearly communicate the identified business risks/exposures and their identified root cause(s).
- Identifying opportunities to utilize computer assisted audit techniques
- Keeping up to date with emerging trends and best practice in the profession, as well as the sector and utilising these for value addition.
Key Job Requirements:
The successful candidate for this position should meet the following criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Auditing/Business
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification is a must
- Certified Information Systems Auditor is an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in related position
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite and familiarity with Microsoft Project, Vision flowcharting
- Experience in using ACL data analysis software and TeamMate
- Experience with an audit firm and knowledge of IT auditing is an advantage
Prospective candidates for this position should email their CVs to [email protected] no later than 27 June 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply
Related Jobs (15)
Finance and Administration Intern, Education Section on July 15, 2021 Internship
Group Audit Manager – Chartered Accountant or similar on July 13, 2021 Full Time