Internal Audit Manager
- Post Date:July 27, 2022
- Views 366
- Career Level ManagerQualification DegreeExperience 5-10 Years
- Industry Business
Reporting to: The General Manage
In line with the Corporation’s strategic initiatives towards increased value addition and foreign currency generation, Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe (MMCZ), is seeking suitably qualified and experienced candidate to fill in the Internal Audit Manager position. The position exists to assist all levels of management and the Board in the effective and efficient discharge of their responsibilities and also provide assurance on the effectiveness of risk management processes and the achievement of objectives.
The incumbent will be responsible for:-
- Leading business risk identification, analysing and supervising financial, compliance, operations and ICT audits.
- Developing the risk based annual audit plan for approval by the Audit & Legal Committee of the Board.
- Supervising the development and implementation of risk-based audit programmes.
- Putting in place a process to present audit recommendations.
- Administering and conducting planned systems and processing audits.
- Supervising the conduct of systems and processing audits.
- Keeping abreast of developments and trends in the audit profession.
- Ensuring that the organization’s divisional activities are covered by internal audit procedures.
- Raising issues of physical security with security management.
- Coordinating and facilitating the external audit and preparing required documentation.
- Communicating and meeting with the Board Audit Committee, the General Manager and Heads of Divisions to provide feedback on audit findings and advise on areas of risk management and compliance.
- Coordinating the departmental activities and preparation of comprehensive audit plans.
- Reviewing the organization’s Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Reviewing and recommending cost reductions and improvements on earnings.
- Reviewing and evaluating new systems.
- Reviewing, testing and evaluating amendments to systems already in operation.
- Ensuring security and integrity of financial information as per code of ethics.
- Performing special investigations for management for an independent and objective assessment of the findings.
- Supervising the department’s budget and resource allocation process.
Academic Preparation and Experience
- Degree in Accounting/ Auditing or any relevant degree.
- MBA/MBL/MSc. Strategic Management or any other relevant Masters Degree is a must.
- Full ACCA/CIS/CIMA/CA/CPA/ICAZ is a must.
- Must be a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors or other equivalent professional bodies.
- At least five years relevant experience.
- Sound Knowledge of an ERP system.
Interested candidates must submit their application letters, curriculum vitae and certified copies of relevant professional and academic certificates clearly indicating the position being applied for, to:
The Human Resources & Administration Manager
Minerals Marketing Corporation of Zimbabwe
90 Mutare Road
P Bag 2628
Or email to: [email protected]
Closing Date for applications is 29 July 2022.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.