Innovation Lead (Physical Sciences/Science & Technology)
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 746
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Midlands State University Research and Innovation Office is dedicated to support students and staff research and innovation endeavours. As a result, the University is seeking highly qualified, knowledgeable, experienced, and committed individuals to assist in research support, intellectual property management services, technology transfer, and business development. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of INNOVATION LEAD (PHYSICAL SCIENCES/ SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY) in THE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICE.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science and Technology.
- A Master’s degree in Science and Technology.
- At least three (3) years of experience working in a research and development environment.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and technology acquisition is an added advantage.
- The candidate must possess good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for innovation outputs, incubation and commercialisation in the areas of science and technology.
- Promoting an innovative and entrepreneurship culture leading to disruptive centred innovation at MSU;
- Providing technical advice and mentorship during research and product development culminating in product testing and commercialisation.
- Engaging directly and proactively with academic departments, industry and community to identify MSU’s intellectual property (IP) with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Identifying appropriate routes to exploit MSU IPs in Science and Technology.
- Identifying potential industry partners for specific technology commercialisation and transfer opportunities.
- Turn concepts into revenue-generating products
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Innovation Manager.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: Application letter, certified copies of certificates, and Curriculum Vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to: [email protected]
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. The closing date for applications is Friday 08 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.