Innovation Lead (Engineering)
- Post Date:April 5, 2022
- Views 479
- Career Level EngineerQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
The Midlands State University Research and Innovation Office is dedicated to support students and staff research and innovation endeavours. As a result, the University is seeking highly qualified, knowledgeable, experienced, and committed individuals to assist in research support, intellectual property management services, technology transfer, and business development. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the post of INNOVATION LEAD (ENGINEERING) in THE RESEARCH AND INNOVATION OFFICE.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- A Master’s degree in Engineering.
- At least three (3) years experience working in a research and development environment.
- Knowledge of Intellectual Property (IP) rights and exploitation is an added advantage.
- Knowledge and understanding of engineering fields in Industry 4.0 and their execution
- Knowledge of basic engineering practice, application and exploitation of emerging engineering technologies
- The candidate must possess good leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills at all levels within and outside the University.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for innovation in identified or selected Engineering fields.
- Promoting emerging engineering innovations and a culture of disruptive innovation at MSU.
- Providing mentorship and technical advice on engineering related product development.
- Engaging directly and proactively with academic departments, industry and community to identify MSU’s intellectual property (IP) with potential for commercial exploitation.
- Initiating engineering related product and process technology transfer to industry and commerce in line with Education 5.0 and technology “pull” or “push” concept.
- Identifying potential industry partners for specific technology commercialisation opportunities;
- Draft and negotiate engineering related licenses, collaboration agreements, inter-institutional agreements, and other contracts related to the commercial development of intellectual property with both commercial partners and collaborating institutions.
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the Innovation Manager.
Applicants must submit copies of applications with the following: Application letter, certified copies of certificates, and Curriculum Vitae giving full details of names, place, and date of birth, experience, present salary, date of availability, contact telephone number (s), and names and email addresses of three referees to:
The Deputy Registrar (Human Resources)
Midlands State University
P Bag 9055
For the electronic version, please send to: [email protected]
Application documents must be in a single scan pdf format. The closing date for applications is Friday 08 April 2022.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates shall be communicated to.
NB: Midlands State University is an equal opportunities employer. In the interest of promoting gender parity, female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Related Jobs (14)
Systems Strengthening Lead on June 22, 2022