Duties & Responsibilities
Systems Administration and Provisioning
- Develops system administration related solutions for various projects and daily operational needs
- Installs new or rebuilds existing servers.
- Configures hardware. peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures
- Researches and recommends innovative, and where possible recommends and implement automated approaches for systems administration tasks
- Identifies approaches or methods that leverage the company resources to attain economies of scale
- Creating or editing security groups. application deployments. patch management. general troubleshooting log analysis upgrades, and active directory group policy
- Manage research and development projects on new software, hardware and configurations
- Develop and deploy Operating System task sequences
- Tram and direct the work of Network Technicians
Operations and Support
- Performs daily systems monitoring, verifies the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes
- Reviews system and application logs
- Reviews completion of scheduled jobs such as backups. end of day processes, beginning of day processes
- Performs regular security monitoring to identify and possible intrusions
- Performs daily, weekly, monthly and yearly backup operations.
- Ensures all required files systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off-site as necessary
- Perform regular archival and purges as necessary
- Creates, Change, and delete User accounts per request
- Provides first line support pet request from various Users/Departments/Business Unis
- Investigates. trouble shoots and resolves system issues.
- Repairs and recovers data from hardware and software failures
- Formulates the group Disaster Recovery Plan
- Restores Data on off-site to allow users to lest the Disaster Recovery Plan
- Troubleshoot server operating system, network hardware and network application error
- Analyze. design, implement and maintain scripts based on customer needs/requests. and group policies to support desktop and laptop requests from customers
- Coordinate helpdesk requests and ensure compliance with service level agreements
- Provide detailed documentation of daily activities to the Coordinator of Technical Applications.
- Direct. schedule and coordinate the daily activities of employees providing support to users
- Applies Operating System patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrades administrative tools and utilities
- Configures and add new services as necessary
- Maintains Data Centre and ensures recommended temperature environment
- Conducts performance tuning hardware partitioning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required
Strategy & Planning
- Contribute in the formulation of the department strategy in consultation with the Head of ICT
Acquisition & Deployment
- Coordinate with database administration functions to implement desktop and server systems that utilize industry best practices to meet corporate objectives:
- Deploy workstations, servers, printers, scanners, firewalls, encryption systems, and appliances security systems in consultation with Head of ICT
Network and Security
- Formulate the network layout design of the group in consultation with the Head of ICT
- Implements robust network security configurations that ensures minimum to zero cyber intrusions
- Administer the deployment of network devices in consultation with the service provider
Formulate the Network security document to be submitted to the Head of ICT
- Manage all the network devices.
- Configuration of the network devices in consultation with the service provider
- Provide the network security framework for all system
- Ensuring that all security procedures ate maintained
- Ensuring that the antiviruses are up to date and also data backups
- Provide ail the relevant information to both internal and external Auditors in consultation with Head of (CT
- Ensuring that all the systems are audit compliant
- Ensuring that the audit recommendations are implemented
- Bachelor of Science Degree (HONS) in Computer Science or Information Systems.
- At least 2 years in Systems Administration or Information Security Role.
- Possession of CISSP is a distinct advantage.
Interested persons should submit their applications together with a comprehensive CV and certified copies of educational certificates to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 13 May 2022