Information Technology Professorship
- Post Date:April 7, 2022
- Views 577
- Career Level OtherQualification Master’s DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
- Industry Education
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the post of Information Technology Professorship/Associate Professorship/Senior Lectureship/Lectureship Temporary Fulltime (1 Year) in THE FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND APPLIED SCIENCES, Department of Information Technology.
Qualifications and Experience
- Prospective candidates must possess an Master’s degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent with a Merit or better, a BSc Honours Degree in Information Technology/Computer Science/Information Systems or equivalent with a 2.1 or better; with considerable teaching and research experience and a proven record of publications in refereed scientific journals.
- A PhD will be an added advantage.
Duties and Responsibilities
The successful candidate must be capable of supervising undergraduate students’ research work, assess students on industrial attachment and should be able to teach any four (4) of the following modules at undergraduate level:-
- Parallel Computing, Mobile Computing, Wireless Communication, Distributed Systems, Computer Architecture, Neural Networks and Fuzzy Logic and Data Science.
- Attract and manage research grants.
- Participating in outreach activities in the Information Technology sector.
- Participation in income generation.
- Ability to innovate and facilitate service delivery.
Interested and qualified persons should send one set of their application in a single pdf file clearly indicating the position being applied for in the subject line to [email protected]. The application should consist of the application letter, certified copies of educational and professional certificates, transcripts and Curriculum Vitae giving full personal details including full names, place and date of birth, qualifications, experience, present salary, date of availability, names, e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of at least three referees.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is Friday, 08 April 2022.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.