Information Technology Officer
- Post Date:August 30, 2021
- Views 397
- Career Level OfficerQualification DegreeExperience 3-5 Years
Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position of Information Technology Officer that has arisen within the Environmental Management Agency (EMA).
Station: Head Office
Reporting to: The Principal Officer – Information Technology
The job incumbent will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate-wide information management system to ensure that information assets are adequately protected.
Duties and Responsibilities entail:
- Formulating the Agency’s information security policies.
- Conducting Enterprise Information Asset risk exposure.
- Identifying any vulnerabilities that may exist on the Agency’s IT. infrastructure and communicating possible mitigation strategies.
- Monitoring network usage to ensure compliance with Agency IT. policies
- Providing end-user communication for service outages, system upgrades, service improvements, service implementation, and service retirements.
- Managing all security breaches and assessing their damage.
- Administration of roles, authorisation and utilisation of users in SAP ERP and CRM.
- Developing and reviewing standard operating procedures for workstations, mobile devices, printers, and other devices routinely.
- Spearheading I.T. assigned projects in a cost effective manner.
- Providing telephone and on-site support to IT. users within the Agency.
- Performing penetration testing.
- Conducting routine maintenance of hardware and software infrastructure.
- Maintaining accurate documentation of backups, storage, maintenance tasks and procedures carried out on the Agency’s IT. systems.
- Working with development teams to ensure mitigation of vulnerabilities during development.
- Maintaining IT. asset inventory and other appropriate registers.
- Training and supporting staff as required.
Qualification, Experience and Competences:
- Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Information Technology or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution.
- Security certification is an added advantage
- At least three (3) years’ experience ina similar position.
- At least Class 4 driver’s license
Interested candidates should submit applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae and certified copies of certificates not later than 10 September, 2021 to [email protected] or to:
The Human Resources Manager
Environmental Management Agency
685/6 Corner Lorraine/ Faber,
P.O.Box CY 385
Please note that communication will only be made to shortlisted candidates.
Environmental Management Agency (EMA) – an equal opportunity employer.
Related Jobs (45)
District Strategic Information Evaluation Assistant on October 25, 2021 Contract
Fitter & Turner on October 25, 2021
Director of Studies on October 25, 2021